HTML5 + Collisions Problems

ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
edited September 2023 in Working with GS (Mac)

I'm having an issue with a game where, when played using the HTML5 preview (in a browser) or a published HTML5 version, a lot of actors just ignore their collision shapes.

I initially had custom collision shapes in both the rocket and the asteroids it needs to weave around, and it works as expected on Mac. On HTML5, one or both of these two actors will just have a rectangular collision shape.

After finding the problem with HTML5, I reverted the asteroids from a custom shape to a circle, hoping that would sidestep the problem. They still end up in the game with a rectangular collision shape.

It doesn't always happen, so I figured it was something in my logic, but there seems to be no amount of stripping back of the project that will make it conistently stop. Sometimes it works on the first asteroids to spawn, and then doesn't on the rest. Sometimes it doesn't work on any of them. The exact same actor will have a circle collision shape one moment, then the next one spawned will be a rectangle.

I thought maybe too much was happening at once and I should cut things back, but that didn't make any difference either.

Pulling my hair out here. Any thoughts @adent42 ?

Comments