App permissions (unhappy customer)

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Just had this message from one of my customers, who is not happy about my app being able to access and write to their SD card.

Not sure there is anything I can do about it tbh?

Just wanted to check, @adent42, are these permissions absolutely essential if we are serving ads?

Anyone else had enquiries like this? Just wondering the best way to respond?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

@RedRobo could you DM send me the APK and your publishing link so I can take a look. I know that the permission is enabled if you're using OBB by default even if you don't select it, but otherwise it should stay closed. Also if you're on a older build one of the of IronSrc networks might be doing it.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Just sent a DM.

My message seems to hang and get stuck whilst sending, I tried it twice, so just let me know if it didn't come through.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

@RedRobo I still need to figure out what's up, but if it seems to be stuck, just copy your response and reload. Most of the time the message was sent, but it's just not getting back to the browser. The copy is so you can quickly paste the msg again if it didn't take.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Sorry @adent42, it was my ad blocker. Disabled it and works fine after that.