Mobile Binary RC 2023-08-25 - Targeting Android 13 / SDK 33

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065
edited September 2023 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad Creator you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android

Changes

• Compile SDK 33, MinSDK 21, TargetSDK 33
  • Ad Network Updates:
    • IronSrc 7.3.1.1 (and matching updates for mediated networks)
      • AdColony 4.8.0
      • Amazon 9.8.x
      • AppLovin 11.10.1
      • Facebook / Meta 6.14.0
      • Fyber 8.2.3
      • HyprMX 6.2.0
      • Inmobi 10.1.2
      • Liftoff 1.9.1
      • Maio 1.1.16 (soon option to choose China or Overseas optimization)
      • MyTarget 5.16.5
      • Pangle 4.3.20
      • Smaato 22.0.2
      • SuperAwesome 9.1.0
      • Tapjoy 13.0.1
      • Unity 4.8.0
      • Vungle 6.12.1
      • Yahoo 1.4.0
    • Admob 22.2.0
    • Chartboost 9.3.1
  • Google Play Services 23.1.0
  • Google Billing Client 6.0.1

iOS

No Change

macOS (updated 2023-09-13)

• Min macOS version is now 10.13
  • Fixed bug with display when starting in fullscreen.
  • Fixed bug with display when starting in fullscreen on 1x (non-retina) displays (2023-09-15)

Notes

The most important feature of this release is switching to Target SDK 33, which is being required by the Google Play store, hence no update to iOS yet. We should have another RC with an update to iOS soon.

The GameSalad macOS binary has been updated to fix an issue with fullscreen support in Ventura. Basically if you started windowed and jumped to fullscreen, things worked fine. But if you started fullscreen, things look a bit shifted. This has been fixed but with the newest SDK, we have also had to update the minimum supported macOS version to 10.13 (instead of 10.12 previously).

Comments

• FireCrocFireCroc Member, PRO Posts: 60

Thanks Adent42 for this. I am busy updating to Google Play store. I get this message. Does the new build use Advertising ID?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

There's a publishing switch for it, so you can choose to use it or not.

• FireCrocFireCroc Member, PRO Posts: 60

Thanks, Didn't notice it until you mentioned it🙈

• NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 41

One of my apps went through without an issue but the other got:

This release includes the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission but your declaration on Play Console says your app doesn't use advertising ID.

You must update your advertising ID declaration.

both boxes are unchecked and I used build RC for both so I'm confused as to what could have caused the issue. I'm just going to declare that this app uses ad Id to get the update released but just wanted to post for others who may experience this.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

Could you DM me the publishing link for your app @NoobDev so I can take a look? Sounds like our code to clean out unused permissions is missing something.

Release note updated with new macOS binary.

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@Adent42 - How do I target SDK 33? I'm only able to select up to SDK 29 in the drop down? Also, is the Windows Creator no longer able to publish? I downloaded the latest version (1.25.6255.24805) but can't publish.

The dropdown is for minimum SDK version, the build will target what it will target.

To target 33 you need to use the Build RC button.

The Windows Publishing problem will likely take a while to resolve, so for now you need to zip your directory and publish via the upload option at the bottom of the publishing page.

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@adent42 - Thank you for the help. I updated the app and am now Targeting Android 13. One of my users just found a function in my app that is randomly not working and I need to update again. It looks like the server is down. Can you help?

There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [7dcf2b99-a58a-46fb-8078-a7df2d558256].

Could you DM me your publishing link? @Machinist Apps