How to Copy/Paste

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to familiarize myself with the web version of GameSalad (did they tutorials on the PC desktop version), and I can't seem to figure out how to do any copy/paste.

If I use the icons for copy to and paste from the clipboard (for rules and scenes), they don't seem to do anything. And I don't see a way to copy/duplicate actors.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 255
    edited August 2023

Hi there @computerking9979 ! So what works for me is:

Click the actor to select it

Press Cmd+C (Cause I'm on Mac)

Wait for the 'Items copied' notice at the bottom left of the web Creator

Hit Cmd+V to paste the copied actor.

If that's not happening for you, send me a link to your project via DM so I can check it out or get the support team to see if there is some other issue.

P.S You also may have to 'Allow' Chrome's access to the Copy/Paste functions (the Clipboard)

Here's how:

Open Chrome browser Settings. Select Security & Privacy > Site Settings > Permissions > Clipboard. Select Allow.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• computerking9979computerking9979 Member Posts: 11

I use Firefox and not Chrome, I don't see an option in FF to allow or disallow the access to the clipboard. Is the creator fully compatible with FF?

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 255
    edited August 2023

Ah, then I'll ask @adent42 if he has any suggestions there as I'm not familiar with using the creator on Firefox

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

Short answer, we don't know if it's fully compatible with FF, but we think so.

Longer answer, we develop creator 2 agains chrome since it's mostly meant to

1) run on Chromebooks

2) eventually run in electron, which is chromium based.

As for copy paste in particular, it looks like the permission string we're using isn't valid on Firefox, so we'll need to adjust in the next release.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

It looks like for now we can't do copy paste on Firefox since they have not implemented the async copy / paste standard request.

I think I have a workaround, but it's gonna take some time to get around to since we have a few other higher priority tickets.

Got a bug about this bug, so it now be fixed! Firefox copy paste is good to go.