Recent Weirdness and Server Switchovers

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,060

Hi all, we've been mucking about on the backend to move to a more performant and cheaper (weird combo, i know) database server.

In the process, we created some issues with our network config resulting issues in Creator 2 (and some issues on publishing too).

We believe everything has been resolved and we've also mostly completed the switchover to the new DB server for publishing and arcade.

Over the next month or so, you'll be seeming some refreshes in our web UIs (arcade, publishing, etc). Some of this is just a matter of "it's about time" and "we need to modernize to maintain things". Some of it is to set us up to modernize our build system so we can move faster on feature deployment.

In case you're wondering about engine features, don't worry, we'll be alternating between engine and server infrastructure work. I was hoping to do it this week, but this server switchover took a bit longer than expected!

Sorry for any inconvenience and if you have any issues with publishing or arcade, please DM me!

Comments