Does GS have an api or documentation to enable feature enhancement and tools?

fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565
edited June 2023 in Working with GS (PC)

Hi folks, So I woandering if GS has an api or something that would enable us to add features easily or create tools. Parsing the .XMLs it creates is cumbersome and I dont seem to see documentation explain what I would see in the xml. Any ideas?

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

HI @uptimistik thanks! Yeah, I am not as active on the forums as I used to be but I pop in every once in a while when I have an idea I want to do or check on activeness.

Do we also have documentation explaining how each attribute or actor is rendered in the XML. The idea is that if I was to make a tool, like the scene editor tool made tears ago, I would need to actually interact with the whole project and render changes, etc to the correct expected XML syntax and formatting. I could systematically reverse engineer that but that would be painstaking and slow. Is there any existing documentation beyond the cookbook listing of behaviors and actors etc?