Let's Make A GameSalad Advent Calendar!

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
edited November 2022 in GameSalad Kitchen

Let's make a GameSalad Advent Calendar!

If you're not familiar, an advent calendar is part of a Christmas tradition to count down the days 'til Christmas. The calendar is usually a special box or mechanism that lets you open a present for each day before Christmas. It's usually chocolate though people now do legos or beers or pretty much anything you can think of.

There are usually 25 slots, so we'd need 15-20 different gifts (GameSalad would do the rest).

This is a great way for the GameSalad community to celebrate together AND to promote your games or services.

Some ideas of what to submit:

• Arcade version of your game (with an ad for your mobile game!)
  • Code to unlock items in your game
  • Coupon code for your website or game dev related service
  • Free assets as an advertisement for your services (character sprite sheets, music track, template)

So submit your items (and you can submit more than one!) I'm doing it as a google form instead of a forum thread so that everyone can enjoy the surprise!

https://forms.gle/URttAVSkCYUr3C4Z6

If we can we want to have at most 3 items from any given GameSalad creator. We'll have two targets. If we can get enough to get 12 items, we'll do a 12 days of Christmas advent calendar. If we can fill all 25 days, then we'll try to get something out by Dec 1

Looking forward to seeing what you guys produce!

Cheers!

Comments

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Sounds interesting, but how would this work? Who would get the prizes? Also, the form doesn't work.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Sorry. Form updated.

@AshumBesher the calendar would be open to the public and we'll be sharing it via social media, so prizes need to either be unlimited or have an unlimited fallback for limited prizes.

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

This sounds great! GSHelper would definitely be throwing something in there.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Would I be able to give away a few Steam keys for my game? Or do the prizes have to be unlimited?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

If it's a limited prize we'd like for there to be a backup. My suggestion is a single level or time-limited demo of your game on GameSalad arcade that points to your STEAM game. Maybe make it so the demo opens a link that lets players claim a key?

Oh, if your game is Free to play with paid unlocks, submit it. That counts as something free :)