HELP !! Use banners as a button!

djzcreativedjzcreative Member, PRO Posts: 33

Hello everybody ,

I would like to use the banners as keys to unlock additional mini games, so that people don't have to pay anything for the app and i can earn something, given that they are just added bonuses.

Does anyone know if it can be done with banners? Do you have any tutorials to make this in game salad?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

Hi there @djzcreative so using banners the way you described may get your ad account shut down. The better solution would be to provide the users with a Reward video experience: Set up a reward video ad with Admob or your ad provider, that way players have to watch an ad first, then they are rewarded with whatever you choose to give them from your game (in this case the opportunity to play the mini-games)

Everybody wins! You earn money, and players get to play your cool mini-games! Please share the link to the game when it's released.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• djzcreativedjzcreative Member, PRO Posts: 33

Thanks uptimistik for your answer, but I do not think it gives good results, unfortunately it will not generate profits such as to allow me to continue developing the app, so the advantage is only for google play and admob or who for him, who develops does not earn anything. I don't see the difference between the solution you want to apply and premium ads, except that it's the developer who is at a disadvantage. I inform myself better about reward ads but receiving 1 cent per 1000 views is incorrect in my opinion.

Hi uptimistik, question but how do you insert a Reward video with game salad.Thanks!

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

@djzcreative I have this video on GSHelper: https://studio.youtube.com/video/pw9BcfbuSvM/edit

(Go ahead and subscribe to the channel to get access to more tutorial videos)

Reward videos pay a lot more than 1 cent per 1000 views, they are the best way to earn money with your games/apps at the moment

Hope this helps!

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@djzcreative you can't track banner ad clicks from in the app, so there's no way to reward a user for clicking on banner ads.

You could create a game setting that unlocks a mini games if you allow showing banner ads. You just use a boolean game attribute. If the attribute is true, show the banner ads and unlock the mini-games in your menu or wherever they show up. If it's false, hide banner ads and hide the mini-games.

This may make sense for pay games, but most games just enable the banner ads by default and then make the user pay in some way to disable them, like an In-App purchase.

And, as @uptimistik if you want to reward users per ad action, then the accepted mechanism is rewarded video ads or rewarded surveys (via Pollfish).

Rewarded ads usually get a much better eCPM (depending on your game's target region) than banner ads. But the in-game reward has to be worth it in the context of the game so a user sits through the ad. Game have to be carefully designed around maximizing profit / reward.

These reward schemes usually rewards people with some kind of in-game currency or unlock a special game state. So you could maybe make your mini-games pay-per-play (like use 100 gold to play this mini game to earn even bigger rewards). Then users can either buy the currency via IAP or view the rewarded ad to play the game.

I've started seeing a lot of games claiming "real-money" payouts that pay-for-play. But the threshold for a payout is set to be extremely rare an the only way to speed that up is to view more reward ads. They're calibrated so that if you ever hit the payout threshold, the developer has made more than that in reward ad revenue.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for your Help, I figured out how to set the reward for mini gochi that I want to implement. Thanks again.