Feature Request: Ability to disable spinning wheel background in iOS.

Comments

• The GlessnerdThe Glessnerd Member Posts: 63

@adent42 any progress regarding the loading wheel transparency situation?

• NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 41
    edited July 2022

Good question. I have been meaning to get a new loading wheel created since we have to have one according to what adent said previously. Right now I have a refresh looking icon as my loading wheel and it looks bad especially with that little box behind it. I don’t like nitpicking but if possible I would love to know if it can be set to only appear after a certain amount of time has lapsed. I don’t really like that it appears every time you press a button. Just my thoughts. If not I’ll just settle for the box being invisible.

• zarzirzarzir Member, PRO Posts: 128

I will also be happy with the box being invisible.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@The Glessnerd @NoobDev @zarzir To avoid delaying this next build, we won't be including this feature...

BUUUUT I have just finished coding an update to make it possible. It will allow you to choose the spinner background color as a hex RGBA value.

So you could pick #00000000 and have it show nothing or #FFFFFFFF to show solid white (actually as long as the last two characters are 00, it would show as completely transparent / hidden).

The code will be in a subsequent RC build after this next one. We'll then need to adjust publishing to allow you to set the color, but that will be a bit later.

@NoobDev adding the ability to "ease off" loading wheel display would be too complicated, so having a transparent display is the best you're gonna get for now. If you want nothing to show, you'll need to just upload a fully transparent loading image and set the loading box color to transparent.

• zarzirzarzir Member, PRO Posts: 128

Sounds great, Thanks!

Ok sounds good. Thank you for this. Just a friendly reminder about the rewarded ads. In case you forgot our conversation you said you would check and make sure the code for requesting another rewarded ad is working properly. As it stands now only one ad will play per session.

Any idea when this will be added to the RC?

Hopefully soon! Even just a solid color would be perfect for my game

@adent42 any update on this matter?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

No update, but we're starting to plan our next feature set and I think that's going on the list.

I'm targeting January for the next build, as we're working on some other product priorities over Christmas.

If I have some spare cycles before them, I'll see where I left off. There's a small chance the code is hiding in the last RC and I just need to expose it with a publishing update. If it's that simple, I'll get on it soon.