GS projected on a train bridge!

LokitoesLokitoes Member, PRO Posts: 187

Hi guys,

I realise I've never shared some of my favourite things made in GS, so I thought I would share one even though its not super new now. This one is from 2016 and featured in an outdoor art/science/technology festival 'World Science Festival'. It was projected on the underside of a train bridge and was meant to be a playful 'x-ray' of the tracks above. It was a Mac GS .app sent out through projection mapping program MapMapper using a third program by Syphon to keep the interactivity working (at the time you couldn't maintain the interactivity through madmapper, not sure about now as I haven't used it in a bit). There was a little button stand set up on the street with two buttons. One made a train animation go over the tracks and blast away all the moss and mushrooms, and the other grew big mushroom things. I wanted to keep the buttons simple as it was set up on the street to walk by. I also had another train animation that went through at the same time as trains on the tracks above went over using a sensor on the track connected back to a button press. The whole thing in GS was quite simple with a few key presses and lots of animations and movement, it was getting it set up for the festival that was the crazy part, the street was shut down so that two 4k projectors could sit in the middle of the road and I was there behind the scenes at all times making sure nothing went wrong - obviously not a permanent solution but good for a short festival.

:)

I haven't done anything with it since but still have the files somewhere. If anyone has any ideas on how it might be adapted into a game or onto a small screen I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!

Comments