Publishing to HTML

indra.azizindra.aziz Member, PRO Posts: 100

Hey guys, is there a way to publish GS project to regular HTML?

Comments

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
  • indra.azizindra.aziz Member, PRO Posts: 100
    edited November 2021

Hi @pinkio75 thank you for your reply!

Oh one more thing. About this:

Note: Your HTML5 app cannot be run by double clicking one of the index pages and vieweing locally. They will only run correctly on a server.

Can we change this so it will run without being on a server?

Or is it possible to change the file structure to follow this guide:

Put all your project files into a single folder if they are not already in one. The main file in your project needs to be called index.html. Subfolders are ok, but make sure all paths referenced in your code are relative (path/to/file.js, not /path/to/file.js).

Sorry for the questions, I'm really curious. Thanks!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited November 2021

@indra.aziz can you let us know your specific use case?

If it's running inside a wrapped app, the files should work fine.

The main problem is loading through the browsers local file mechanism, as the browser doesn't consider it "secure" for the type of loading we're doing and shows errors.

I think the app wrappers like NW.js configure the browser so it's not a problem.

@adent42 thinking about making an interactive NFT on hicetnunc.art. It allows HTML, but when I upload the zip it says can't find index HTML.

This is the instruction on their github:

"Put all your project files into a single folder if they are not already in one. The main file in your project needs to be called index.html. Subfolders are ok, but make sure all paths referenced in your code are relative (path/to/file.js, not /path/to/file.js)."

I honestly don't understand, but really wondering if it's possible :)

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So it's possible as we have another user who has already done it. Rename sample-index.html to index.html and re-zip.

Try reaching out to @entersimon

@adent42 thank you so much! will do

@adent42 it works!!!

I'll let you know when I actually mint my NFT. I just tried minting my old GS app and it worked. It didn't work before even when I change the sample-index because I was using RAR, but now I'm using WinZip and it worked.

Will update!

Awesome! Share the link and we'll broadcast it on twitter!

Hi @adent42 sorry, it took a while to get back to you. here's the link to my NFT collection all made with GameSalad!

So what I do is just publish to HTML5 like the usual, and then I change the sample-index to index, use WinZip to zip the folder and upload/mint! Note that WinRAR doesn't work for this for some reason.

Thank you so much!

I'm about to tweet your collection and tag you. Are you @IndraAziz?

Yes I'm @indraaziz on Twitter. I saw the tweet thank you @adent42 !