HELP, BUG WITH IMAGES WITH TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND!

djzcreativedjzcreative Member, PRO Posts: 33

898 / 5000

Hello, I have a problem with my app, I have an actor (basically an animated finger that tells the player what to do) that is repeated in some scenes and when it spawns in the scene a flash occurs.

Has anyone had this bug? how can i fix it?

another problem encountered is on the download with the qrcode code to test the app on devices, lately it tells me that the qrcode is wrong. is it possible to solve this problem?

and finally I need an info on how to make the app compatible with various screen formats for android devices, I saw that there is a tutorial (UNIVERSAL BINARY I think but it's for IPHONE) I don't understand how to integrate pixel formats with the screen for android.

I apologize for the silly questions but I am a beginner and I am struggling a bit. Thanks for collaboration

Hello.

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

Hi there! Can you post an image of the behaviours in the finger actor?

I'm not sure about the QR code since I've never used it before.

The best way to implement Universal with GS is to try to design everything within a smaller 'box' making sure that nothing important (buttons, instructions etc) is placed near the edge of the scene.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

if you’re talking about one of the universal build tutorials on this forum that uses “stretch” and adjusts the position of actors on a HUD layer based on the size of a device’s screen (and adjusts the camera size accordingly) it will work on android devices as well when you build or test. you just need to make sure your scene width is enough to compensate for your camera ratio adjustments. a width of 1800 should cover it if using the full starting height.

i did my base build for my games using ipad dimensions (and im sure others do as well) because it’s the easiest to scale from to longer flatter displays.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

For the QR code @djzcreative, the URL times out, so you have to click on the QR code link every time.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

For the flashing, try making sure "Preload Art" is checked on the Actor.

• djzcreativedjzcreative Member, PRO Posts: 33

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll try and follow your suggestions I'll let you know.

This is the actor who when he spawns creates a flash in the scene.

the preload is active, perhaps because it is transparent?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Are you able to reproduce the flash in a sample project you can upload to the forums?

I don't know how to do it, but I will try to explain myself better, when the actor hand spawns for a moment it is as if you see the image of the hand in full screen for a split second and then the hand appears in the scene. this actor is repeated in several scenes but this defect occurs only a few times.