requestIDFA clarity

GamingChefGamingChef Member, PRO Posts: 11

So currently for GDPR I have this screen

when the player consents privateDataConsentForAds is set to 1 saved and everything works fine.

For this ITT thing I assume that I use tweet sheet to call requestIDFA when the user consents.

My question is how do I know if the user consents to tracking when the pop up tracking question is asked?

Also do you use

requestIDFA

or

"requestIDFA"

for the tweet sheet values

Thanks, sorry if these are obvious questions

Some of my Games: https://gamingchef.itch.io/

Comments

• solnikasolnika Member Posts: 132

Really good questions, I would love to know as well.

Could be awesome if anyone will be kind enough to post link to games that follows the current guidelines for all to see ways to implement this.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

after playing around with it a bit i got it right to get the pop up.

from memory, no quotes on requestIDFA, change the tweet sheet setting on your publishing page to ios social. if it wasn’t set up right, from memory adent mentioned it would work right after a person reset their iphone after an update (which was the case for me when testing, but for fresh installs it worked right straight away).

it only asks once, and only if the person hasn’t switched off the setting on their device. if it’s set to not ask, i’m pretty sure non personalized ads will still get called. i’m not sure how/if it affects the in app ad consent attribute, or if we even need to have it anymore. mine is set for non personalized ads regardless, as i don’t want people’s personal info being harvested through my apps, even if it means ads pay less.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

So we haven't put in a mechanism for you to know the current requestIDFA state yet. Without digging in to it, I'm note sure if that info is available (though I think it is).

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

But as @bob loblaw says, you can always "trigger" it and it will not show up if they've already made a decision. After that, they need to change the config in their app settings in the phone settings app.