Database remains the same

CarolBCarolB Member, PRO Posts: 9

I have 2 games using Gamesalads databases. The only difference is each game has its own database. The problem is game three somehow keeps using game ones database. The databases are name differently, I've recompiled the app but the problem remains the same. Locally it works fine, but after uploading to server the problem persist. I always thought when Gamesalad compiles it everything is self contained. Any thoughts?

thanks

Comments

• CarolBCarolB Member, PRO Posts: 9

Sorry I should of left a little bit more information. After recompile, i did delete the old folder on server, created a new folder with a different name which gave a new url to make sure nothing was cached.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Everything in GameSalad is self-contained. I suspect that both games have the same tables. Some suggestions:

1. Instead of deleting and uploading the other game. Why not have two locations for the games.
    2. You can look at the package and see what tables are included. I assume that if you are uploading this means it is an HTML export. Inside the export structure, you should see a tables folder with the tables of that game.
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

I'm also assuming you're talking about HTML5 games.

I need to double check, but if you're referring to saved tables, then i would guess your table IDs are the same (i.e. what @adriangomez said).

They may have started from the same game. We probably save the data by table ID and don't take the page URL into account. So when another game loads from the same browser, it's seeing the first game's data since it's loading by the matching table ID.

PM me your game's publishing link and I can take a look.

edited June 2021

Thanks for the reply's. Ive checked the IDs for both games and they are the same(game/default/tables) if that's where i was suppose to look. but the information is correct for both tables.I found the information in the JS files, was that right? I do have two locations for the two games. Your right I am publishing this to a HTML. I clicked on adent42 then clicked message and gave the information then clicked Post Message but nothing happens. Also I dont mind posting the link here. Even they are 'games' they are educational games for my students so most wouldn't even find them interesting. I forgot to mention I am doing this in the windows version if that matters.

Im not sure why they would start from the same game? I have 2 different urls pointing to 2 different folders on the server. But then again Im not known for being the smart banana with these things. :) but this is the link with the 2 programs in question

https://npschangingpractice.com/index.php/educational-games/

the games in question are Pathophysiology 1 quiz and

Pathophysiology 3 quiz. By the way thanks for taking time to help me work through this problem

Very cool games. Which two have the mixed-up data?

edited June 2021

thanks. Pathophysiology 1 quiz and Pathophysiology 3 quiz. If you click the same box in both games the questions and answers are the same. Adent said it searches by table ID. Do you think theres a way to change the table D after its uploaded to the server or before?

Both tables have the same id: "id980420".

So what I would do to fix this. Is export one of the tables, create a new table, import the data back in. Then go through your game and change the reference to the new table. @adent42 might have an easier way to fix it, but that is what I would do.

That's a good idea. There is a lot of references to the table though, as long as i don't miss any it should work. I think you have a good solution. If I don't hear from ardent(i know he's busy) I'll do that. Thanks for working through this problem with me, i really appreciate it

Just a final comment.. adriangomez, your solution worked! It saved me days of not having to write up another program. With the ease of making apps, easy programing methods and people like yourself to help.. it makes me really enjoy GameSalad! thanks again