Error uploading iOS ipa file with transporter

BinnyBinny Seoul, KoreaMember, PRO Posts: 75

Error uploading iOS ipa file with transporter. Not only uploading newly created games, but also updating existing games are experiencing problems.

Error message:

ERROR ITMS-90034: "Missing or invalid signature. The bundle 'com.gimlegames.cubecard' at bundle path 'Payload/Cube Card.app' is not signed using an Apple submission certificate."

I tried various methods by searching on Google, Apple developer forum, stackoverflow forum, GS forum, etc., but it continued to fail for several days, so I am posting here.

Let's talk about what I did

1. Delete existing ones from Apple Dev's Certificates, identifiers, and Profiles, create new ones, download them, and register them in KeyChain.

2. Delete all expired or unused keys from KeyChain

3. Use both Build RC and Build App

4. Use of GameSalad tool by version 1.25.88, 1.25.95, 1.25.102

5. Tried to use iOS App Signer but Signing failed

6. Remove spaces because there is a problem with spaces or special characters (There was a space in the previous game, but there was no problem.)

7. When asked to add a code flag called --deep, I searched and informed the GS forum about a related tool around 2018, but the dropbox link to the file disappeared

8. Change all certificates trust to + in KeyChain

I would appreciate it if you could let us know if you had a similar issue or what to fix.

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

weird.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Do you have some screenshots? Are you sure you are creating iOS certificates and profiles and not the new type (which I have had problems with in the past).

• BinnyBinny Seoul, KoreaMember, PRO Posts: 75

9. download new WWDRCA cert, add it to keychain.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited May 2021

it's strange why when you try to sign with App Signer you fail?

Anyway yesterday i've upload 3 games, signed with iOS App signer, without issue.

The error in ios App Signer is probably caused by modifying the expired certificate, certificate validity, and must-have certificate in the keychain. That part also seems to be an ipa upload error. I am looking for a solution. Thank you.

edited May 2021

[Solved] The newly created distribution certificate in the keychain was not trusted, so I set it to always trust and trusted it (displayed + icon), but it seems that it was not actually trusted.

As a way to solve the problem, there was a way to set it to always trust directly, but it was said that there is no problem with system default setting in some place.

So, I changed it to system default setting, downloaded WWDRCA from the dev center again and installed it, and distribution certificate was trusted. (It is still questionable whether it is exactly solved by WWDRCA, but it seems to be correct to set the trust setting to the system default.)

Since then, the ipa has been uploaded without any problems. Thank you for your comments.

I thought there would be no problem if the keychain's distribution certificate was before the expiration date, but it was my mistake.

Trust option in view Info of Certificate

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

thanks for sharing. good to know if anyone else runs into the same issue.