"Platform - Post Score" Behavior

sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232
edited May 2021 in Working with GS (Online)

I have my leaderboard setup and everything is pretty much done. I'm just trying to figure out what to enter in the Score Attribute section of the actual behavior. Do I just select the high score table and that's it??

Also, does the players high score stay current? Meaning that player posts a high score.. then beats it.. does it replace the prior one? Stupid question but I never used Game Center and haven't been able to test yet.

I can't find anything about this minor but important detail anywhere online.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

Yes on the score, just submit the current score.

That's up to the actual providers and how you have your leaderboard set up, but I believe in most cases, it does keep your "high score" if you submit something lower.

We haven't set one up beyond testing, so if anyone is using leaderboards currently could chime in, that would be great!

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Ok thank you. Last thing I'm wondering is if it's possible to assign achievements to leaderboard standings? So if someone hits 1st place they get the reward.

• solnikasolnika Member Posts: 132

@adent42 any chance to enable posting score with expression and not just an Attribute?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

@solnika not soon, but you could use constrain attribute to make an attribute match an expression for now.

• solnikasolnika Member Posts: 132

Ok thanks