Keyboard input for player names not working during google play testing

diaa_altamimidiaa_altamimi Member, PRO Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I'm getting kind of frustrated. I'm almost done making my first game (casual card game app), and upon testing with google play everything worked including the in-app purchases.

how it works:

I have an actor (Input names) which is used for players to type their names.

there's another actor (player number) which is for player number and you can click right and left to increase or decrease it (player 1, player 2, etc..).

the logic for the input names actor is as follows:

if touch is pressed, and if player number is 1, key input to change attribute (player 1 name) and so on for other player numbers

(also it displays text for the player name attribute for that player number)

p.s. i've made a game attribute for each player name so that the above touch would input them one by one. then when the game starts they are all copied to the names table.

here's the deal. the game and names work perfectly in the gamesalad preview. and i've published it and signed it using gamesalad and it worked perfectly and i even played it with my friends.

then i went to make an internal test in google play, and to do so, i couldnt use the signing method from gamesalad creator. i used the cmd commands for zipaligning and key signing i found in one of the gamesalad forums after google play store stopped accepting the gamesalad signing with jar (not experienced with that terminology).

when i downloaded the google play test apk, the whole player name input doesnt work. the keyboard input doesnt change the attribute at all. it stays as it is. i've tried everything. please help.

one last note. i mentioned the signing thing but im not sure it's the source of the problem.

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

do you have a running project with just the name and number elements for me to try?