iOS in app purchases

bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

just wondering if anyone has recently submitted their app to apple with in-app purchases.

I've had my submissions rejected, despite following instructions on gs videos. when generating an app for google play, it works right.

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

What reason was given for rejection?

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

when they tested and tapped on the app purchase, link no further action occurred

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Does it work in TestFlight? Apple's testing environment seems to be very slow and "Button does nothing when pressed" is a common reason for rejection if you use a basic IAP method. If it works in TestFlight, you can try to resubmit and hope for a different reviewer - they are not consistent with this. Or you can add more responsive buttons, that is ones that change to "please wait" then "purchase complete" etc.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

I strongly agree with the second half of Armelline's suggestion. Responsive buttons! IAP is an async operation (i.e. it may take a while before you get a response), so always show the user an indicator that something is happening.

thanks @Armelline and @adent42 ill try on the next build

• kdhjr23kdhjr23 Member, PRO Posts: 43

Hi, Did you ever get this issue resolved? Im in the same boat. The subscription button works but its doesn't proceed to the next screen like it should

unfortunately no.

i gave up and removed the in app purchase option as it was taking away too much of my time from updating the app. i have another couple of updates to go over the coming weeks to have the game completely done, at which point i might give it another go.

• kdhjr23kdhjr23 Member, PRO Posts: 43

ok, If Im able to get mines to work I will let you know.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

FYI the subscription system will not set the cell the purchased but to a date of expiry / renewal. So you need to check for "not" "pending" and "not" "unpurchased", and "not" deferred"