What is Appodeal ? Is it available to use on Gamesalad app?

I've made a simple app and published on Google Play. In that simple app, I did not add any in-app ads to earn revenue. After I published the simple app 2 weeks later, someone worked in Appodeal sent me an email, and asked me to register Appodeal to earn more revenue. I am so confused that I did not add any in-apps ads in my simple app, how can Appodeal help me to earn more revenue?

May I know how is Appodeal processing? Is it available to use on Gamesalad app? Please let me know how could I make money by using Appodeal. Thanks in advance. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Appodeal is just like Ironsource. An ad mediation provider. Appodeal show banner, interstitial, and rewarded ads. You can't add Appodeal to an iOS / Android build of GameSalad, but you can add Appodeal to an HTML export.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited February 2021

@Lydia Chui like @adriangomez said, Appodeal is an ad network mediator. They let you integrate once and will choose the best ads that pay the most between various ad networks. In the GameSalad ecosystem, we use one of their competitors: IronSource.

They're encouraging you to put in ads and use thier system, which you can not do with GameSalad at the moment.

The big difference at the time (not sure now) was how you got paid.

IronSource let you keep direct relationships with each ad network. So you would get paid faster, but you'd have to deal with signing up a bunch of places.

Appodeal would be a single source of payment, but you'd have to wait 2 months (I think) so that they would get paid first before passing it on to you.

If there is demand for it, we can look into integrating appodeal (since we've streamlined the flow for adding new ad networks), but we're not going to prioritize it right now.

• Miss ChuiMiss Chui Member, PRO Posts: 50

Thanks.

Could I know what is the simplest way for me to use my Gamesalad app to earn money? Because this is my first time to put ads in my Gamesalad app, i want to try the easiest and simplest way to do the first trial. Thanks in advance.

Easiest is probably using Admob with interstitial and banner ads.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@Lydia Chui the fastest way to get going is to sign up for Admob or Chartboost.

To optimize, you would want to sign up for IronSrc and then all the ad networks we support on it so that you can make money from the best paying ad network at any given time.

I just also would add that if this is your first app that some of these networks have floors before they pay you. For example, Tapjoy pays net 60 and a $250 min. I think Chartboost is $75.00. Admob is $100.00. So if you divide up your limited impression on IronSrc it might be a while before you get paid. If you just use Admob you only have to reach $100 with all your impressions. Or $75 if you are using Chartboost.

• Miss ChuiMiss Chui Member, PRO Posts: 50

@adent42

@adriangomez

Thanks for your reply. I am going to publish an app for kids, and want to add advertisment in the app to earn revenue. Could I know whether it is possible for me to select the content of advertisment? Because I want to avoid the inappropriate content of advertisment in the app. Thanks in advance.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited April 2021

Hi, with AdMob you can select the target audience like (G) General for kids:

With ChartBoost i've a lot of issue with kids games; because they put in the game non appropriate advertisement.