Interpolating size from one point of the actor

LokitoesLokitoes Member, PRO Posts: 187

Hi all!

I'm trying to make some animations that have the looped animation feel you get from Unity/after effects/ or other keyframe software. This is for the AI/stationary state on an actor when he isn't being interacted with. So I just want my actor to move around a little and bob up and down as an AI animation.

To make him swing back and forth just a little, I'll use this:

But I also want to interpolate the size in and out just a little to stretch him, to make the movement feel more organic. And this would just loop over and over. Like the stick in the above 'rotate to angle' example, it would be better if one side of the actor (the feet side) could constrain in place, and thus stretches while constraining one side to it's original position, so that it doesn't look like his feet are changing position on the ground... if that makes sense.

How would I do this without conflicting with any of the 'rotate to angle' constrains seen in the above attached post? Or do I just add something to the rotate to angle constrains?

Cheers

Comments

• ester.denhamester.denham Member, BASIC Posts: 24

I would also like to know this as I am hoping I can use Interpolate to make an actor idle with a type of pulsing or breathing animation without adding new image files.

Miss Faith 🙎

---

Hm...Does building games with Gamesalad ever get you craving Kale? Seriously! I can't stop thinking about Kale now! 🤪

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

So you'd need 3 interpolates for this:

• Width, use the sin function in conjunction with game time
    • Height, use the sin function in conjunction with game time
    • Center X (or Y), store the original width and adjust by half the difference between the corresponding dimension and the original

Hope that helps!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I have a video on custom collision shape animations. It was done long ago but Imagine it still works in GS.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p1mekhwcJCE