Custom Collider data not uploading/working on Online creator

four8gamesfour8games Member, PRO Posts: 29
edited November 2020 in Working with GS (Online)

Hi,

Gamesalad online is not uploading my custome collider data that I created using the “Physics Editor” program. Sometimes it says “cannot find collider data” and other times it does seem to accept the .Json file but it imports it as nothing (no collider) I have tried with the same result using the Firefox web browser and the Microsoft Edge Browser?? Thanks. For reference the same .json file I created using “physics editor” program does import properly into Gamesalad for windows and Gamesalad for Mac??

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I've had this happen many times, what usually works for me is to re-import the same .json file after getting an error message. Oddly enough once I get the error, it seems to import correctly the second time.

Also on the occasion that that does not work I've been able to have the online Gamesalad auto trace a custom collider for me, then import my own custom data to use instead.

• four8gamesfour8games Member, PRO Posts: 29

Hi jamie_c! Thanks for the comment, the second method you mentioned here does work but it imports the collider as nothing, meaning it imports it as no collider at all. Is there perhaps something your doing different in the exprot process in "physics editor" or are you using a different custom collider program for your custom collision data? What web browser are you using, im currently using Microsoft Edge?

Thanks.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Can you PM me the json file (and maybe the image too, for reference), so we can look into it?

Hi, adent42

I messaged you i .png file of the image im using for the custom collider, but the messenger will not allow me to upload a .json file? Is there some other way to get that one to you?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

You could use dropbox or github gist.

ok thanks, I have a drop box account, do you have a link to send those to you in Drop Box?

Thanks again!

you can right click on an item and just copy a link that's generally sharable (i.e. doesn't have to be my account). I'll PM you my email anyway just in case.