Anyone use Appformative?

I recently dug out some old projects which used Appformative high score tables.

They no longer get the table data from Appformative so I thoought I would reach out and ask if anyone still uses this service?

If anyone does, do you have a working template that can be posted here (remove your appformative id/license).

Thanks.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

From what I've read on the forums, AppFormative isn't running anymore. Perhaps one day Roland will come on back and surprise us all! :)

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

As @Braydon_SFX has said, he has left the building and forgot to tell anyone. This has been a massive blow to all of us who use it. Especially the games in development. Roland was a great guy who did the services for little or no gain (yes his services were paid for but it ran at loses to support the services) but he has stitched us all up and disappeared. For the second time. @Hopscotch if your out there, come and surprise us!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332
    edited November 2020

Definitely miss Appformative, and would love to see it return. That said, I was able to replicate (and slightly improve since I had a bit more control) the functionality I used on Appformative with Glitch and Firebase. Wasn't nearly as difficult to implement on the GS side as I expected, everything converted very easily.

Definitely worried about @Hopscotch , though. Was concerning how he just vanished like he did, even from those like me and @gingagaming who were in contact with him not long before. He seemed very positive about the future of Appformative when I last chatted with him. Hope he's okay!