Custom Loading Wheel - can change after the App publish?

I know this image will spin around the centet while a scene is loading. But I do not understand the first sentence: "Change the spinning loading indicator on the bottom right corner of your app." That means I can change the spinning image when using the app?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

When using it? No. You can change the spinner before building it. Not while you are playing with the game.

• Miss ChuiMiss Chui Member, PRO Posts: 50

Thanks for your answer. So could I know why the notice in the yellow box shows that "Change the spinning loading indicator on the bottom right corner of your app."?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438
    edited August 2020

Ok. You create your project. You upload it to the portal and before you build for the particular platform you can upload the spinner. Once it builds the spinner is baked into the app. You download it and now you can use your app in whatever platform you selected and the app will show that spinner between scenes.

To change the spinner. Update the new spinner image on the portal and build for the platform. Once you download it and install on the platform you selected, the app will show the new spinner between scenes.

The first sentence: "Change the spinning loading..." means you can change the image that it uses between scenes for your next build and where it will be located on the scene (bottom right of the scene).

The second sentence: "The image will spin..." means that it will spin from the center.

There is no mechanism in Gamesalad to do anything else.

All those settings on that page and other pages on the portal are for build time parameters. The are not configurable items for apps that are running on devices. You can switch for example the ad network you are using and icons but those values will only be valid for new builds not for builds that are in the wild.

Hope this clears it up. I might be understanding your question incorrectly.