50 installs per $1 USD

3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

I'm making Arabic games and marketing in this part of the world is cheap.

I'm currently getting around 50 installs per $1 I spent on advertising.

Thing is I'm advertising in countries like Jordan, Iraq and Egypt which have very low CPM (about 60k impressions / $1)

So

Of course I'm not making any money from these countries but their good for downloads and perhaps organic Google Play store installs from neighboring countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait where there's potential for IAPs.

for this rate of CPI (0.02¢) do you guys think it's worth it to spend more on advertising in these countries with no IAPs for long term organic downloads??

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Some reasons to do it:

1) If you plan on adding IAP or ads in the future.

2) If you plan on making another game, you can use this game to advertise for the next game that IS one you can monetize.

3) You plan on doing agency work and want to prove you can build a following for a game.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Some questions. What are you using to advertise? And what are you using for monetization? I am getting about 0.09c ECPM from Jordan. If I can get installs for 0.02c from Jordan, I might be able to turn a small profit (depending on the quality of those installs). Currently I am getting a 30 day LTV of 0.03 / user at 30 days. If that price scales, I can make 50% on my investment.

As far as organic installs off of paid installs, it doesn't currently work that way anymore. At least not for me. You can get .10 installs from Tapjoy in the USA for Android. My recent experience. I was ranked in the top 10 on one of my keywords in the USA for my app on Google Play store. It use to bring considerable organic installs. I spent a few hundred dollars on a Tapjoy campaign. Although the install volume increased, I went from top 10 in that keyword to mid 300s in a span of a few days. The organic installs dried up.

I am not associated with ASODesk.com but I have paid a couple of times to try them out and they are able to increase your organic installs by ranking you in the top 3 for certain keywords. It is free to set up (for 1 app) and then you just click on the boost button and pay in Russian rubles. I have looked at the analytics those installs and they appear to install your app from Russia and then VPN in through the USA (or whatever country you select) and play your game (probably some sort of robot).

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

>What are you using to advertise? 

Google Ads

>And what are you using for monetization?

IAP (I don't use Ads in my games because cpm is really low in the middle east)

ASODesk.com

Isn't that risky by being banned on Google Play?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Yes. I suspect that there is a potential risk of being banned.