App Binary RC 1.25.20200611 - Android Update

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054
edited September 2020 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

The goal of this RC line is to upgrade Android to Target API 29 (with a minimum of 21) and to upgrade Ad network libraries as well accompanying Android / Google libraries.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android:

• Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0. This fixes a crashing issue (No static method isAtLeastR()Z) when using Google Play Services
  • Target API 29
  • Min API 21
  • IronSrc 6.16.1 and all mediated networks.
  • Admob 19.1.0
  • Chartboost 8.0.2
  • Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
  • Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage.
  • Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat).

iOS (No change since 1.25.20200521)

• IronSrc now includes all mediated networks.
  • IronSrc will temporarily not include AppLovin, HyperMX, and Maio networks until they are verified to have no references to UIWebView. This means you should be able to publish with IronSrc enabled. We may need to further adjust the integration of InMobi should UIWebView rejections still be a problem.
  • Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
  • Fixed Admob Initialization Issue, Admob should work now.

Last release: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/97982/app-binary-rc-1-25-20200602-android-update/p1

Comments

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited June 2020

If we build with RC; iPad Loading ❌ iPhone Loading ✅

iPad use iPhone loading screen.

If we build with Generate Button; iPad Loading ❌ iPhone Loading ✅

iPad loading screen is cut unnecessarily from the edges. As a result it appears in low resolution.

@adent42

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

I mentioned the reasons in the Creator thread. Could you downgrade the minimum os version to 12.1 before make the RC public? @adent42

It is more important than the minor problem on the loading screen I mentioned in the previous message. We do not want to lose a large user base in such a competitive market.

Thanks in advance.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Hey all. Been busy on the education side of things, but back to the engine today. We're testing a new RC to hopefully be released soon. We're working on ironing out more spots where platform interactions (ad, IAP, GC) may be causing crashes in.

About the minimum iOS version issue. I'll be building the app to target 11.0, but our testing with that will be limited to none, as we don't have devices running on the older OSes. So I'll enable the dropdown to lower to 11.0, but default to 13.0 once this update is out.

Cheers.