Animations are not displayed on latop A but does on laptop B...

Mies030Mies030 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in Tech Support

Hello,

Since a week me and my son play a lot around with GS. It looks promising and my son likes it a lot!

Nevertheless, we face a problem with one of our laptops. I attached a few screen shots. Hopefully somebody has the solution!

On my sons laptop the "Lava" animations are not displayed in the PLAY-mode. When I ran the same project on my laptop I don’t have any problem.

Even when I create a very short ("Lava") animation separately on both systems it doesn’t work on his laptop while it does work on mine.

Screen shots GS_good01 and 02 displayed the correct manner of PLAY on my laptop. GS-fail01 and 02 show the correct display in the EDITOR while GS_fail02 shows the "failed" display in the PLAY mode on my sons laptop.

Thx for any help!

Micha

Ps. the gpu of my sons laptop is a Intel HD Graphics 4000

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

I'll need to see if we have an Intel HD Graphics 4k machine, but my guess is that it's related to texture size. Make the animation images a bit smaller (dimension wise) and see if that helps. I forget what size the images are in that tutorial, but try making them 256x256 and seeing if that helps.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

You can try the Web version (https://creator.gamesalad.com) and see if that works better for you.

• Mies030Mies030 Member Posts: 3

Ok thx, I'll try both and keep you informed!

• Mies030Mies030 Member Posts: 3

In the web version it seems to work so probably no problem with the gpu :)

For the desktop version I made the size of the lava images already 50x50 as recommanded in the video. Still nothing is displayed. None of the images are displayed also not even if the are not animated... see photos enclosed... (GS01-04). Web version is GS05-06)