Play Music Not Showing Options

Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
edited March 2020 in Working with GS (Online)

In the Online Creator, can the play music behavior actually let you choose an option other than "Resume Current Music"? I imported a WAV file in the "Sounds" section, and so naturally the file lets me play it as a sound, but I wanted it as a song playing in the background, and sounds don't translate form one scene to the next. Is there a way to import in the Online Creator to allow music to actually be played atm? Or is WAV a format only for sounds? I tried originally uploading an MP3, but to my surprise it didn't allow me to. So I had to convert the MP3 to WAV. Thanks! :smile:

Comments

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,051

Use ogg & wav for sounds.
    Use m4a / mp4 for music.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,051

FYI, the reason we don't support mp3 is that when we first created GameSalad, mp3 required licensing to distribute mp3 encoded music.

I think the licensing is now no longer required, but m4a is a superior format anyway, so we decided to just stick with it.

Oh okay. So how does mp4 do just music? I thought mp4 included video as well as music? Dies GS extract the music from an NPR and discard the rest? Say, if I tried to import a video I recorded with a camera. It would just have the sounds in the video imported?

I've been having some really weird and tiresome issues with music. For some reason, the m4a file works in Creator, but not in HTML5. Been at it for quite some time now, to no avail.

Except when I switched scenes for some reason via a button.

I ended up going with the button changes scene so music plays workaround. Spent like over an hour and a half trying to fix it though.