Animate Question

When you use the animate behavior, should I have the actor blank, and animate using all images, or have the actor with the first image, and animate with the second-to-first image through last image, repeating? (With restore actor image after cycle.) Or do I need all images in the animate behavior? I'm just confused as to whether the first image repeats on top of the actor. It sounds like I need all images in the loop, so should should I have a pic. on the actor, just in case of lag not starting the loop, for instance? Sounds like I should. Thanks.

Comments

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member Posts: 88

I am guessing you've figured out your answer by now? what did you do? i never attempted having a blank actor. did you run experiments?

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

looking back at a past game I've worked on, having whatever image before animating doesn't matter. I had the animate go through frame #1 through #last twice actually, (oops), and so it started on the first frame, and ended on the last. (So not on the first again, because that sounds like to me now that it would have a double frame showing of #1). If there is a glitch, it sounds good to have a frame #1 underneath as a a backup, but to see a bug having a blank or other picture might be better to spot it. (Although we would probably see a glitch with a normal frame). So apparently it doesn't matter much.