How to make a text field??

Hi!
I’d like to know if there’s any template that allows the user to submit a text.

As i want feedback with the players of the game i’d like to know if it’s possible to create like a form or a text field in order to recieve any message from the users.

Any help will be apreciated!
Best,

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

If it's long form text, you would want to use the text input behavior, which pulls up a text input sheet. Otherwise, you will need to write all the rules for handling each character yourself or build a custom virtual keyboard.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You'll need more than that, though, if you want to receive text from an app. You'll need to connect it to either Google Sheets or your own server. I've struggled to do both and the support for these approaches comes and goes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Hi all, thanks for your responses!

Yes what i need, it's just a simple text field because i want them to text me something, and receive it into my email. Is it possible to do it in a simple way? .

• Okay, i did it just using:

http://www.cha4mot.com/t_mailto.html

And the creating an actor. When touch is pressed, Open URL, open mailto.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Actually, that's a smart way to do it!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User