No touch zone

I’ve created a demo where an actor rotates to look at the location that your finger will touch on screen, my problem is that when I go to press menu etc it will still rotate to look at that position so I’ve gone around that and created an actor and two attributes, the actor when pressed records the touch location then passes it on to the rotating actor, the problem with that is it only registers 180 degrees and not full 360. I’m using vector to angle by the way so it’s attribute-position for both x and y to create the rotate. Any ideas why it only records half the screen? When I sub in first touch for attribute it goes back to working full 360 but then I don’t have a no touch menu zone

Comments

• CMR InteractiveCMR Interactive Member, PRO Posts: 13

The actor I made big enough to fill most of the screen so during play it will always be in the background to log press and pass to attributes. It does not cover the menu area.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Perhaps these demos will be helpful?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• CMR InteractiveCMR Interactive Member, PRO Posts: 13

I’ve tried something similar before I’ll have to look at that and the example you’ve uploaded as that seems to work fine. I’ve no idea how it works but I’ll take it apart. If there’s any documentation out there pertaining to this example I would appreciate a link please.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@CMR Interactive said:
    If there’s any documentation out there pertaining to this example I would appreciate a link please.

As they are my own demos, no, I haven't provided documentation. Feel free to ask questions though.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User