[Fixed] Multiple accounts banned in malicious event

tatiang.tatiang. Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Miscellaneous

Hi everyone,

For some reason, my account (@tatiang) was banned yesterday. It appears all of my posts from years past are gone. I'm really hoping my account can be restored and my posts restored as well. What a loss that would be. :(

If it's any clue, @SaladStraightShooter, who has been gone from the forums for years, posted on this thread: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/611121#Comment_611121. He appears to have one post although he posted thousands of times in the past.

Does this mean all moderators had their accounts banned? Ack!

Hoping there's a good fix for all this.

Comments

• tatiang.tatiang. Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019

@tatiang. said:
    Hi everyone,
    Does this mean all moderators had their accounts banned? Ack!

Yep, that appears to be what happened. OMG.

edited July 2019

Accounts affected:
    @tatiang
    @braydon_sfx
    @SaladStraightShooter (unbanned but loss of posts)
    @Armelline
    @uptimistik

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I see Jon from GShelper has been deleted?

Annoying that Messages with those banned, deleted have gone too :(

Little bit strange that as soon as SSS logins in, the mods gets banned...

• Armelline2.0Armelline2.0 Member Posts: 2

Banned too. My money is on someone having pieced together SSS's login details from the GS hack and other hacks and having some destructive fun on the forums.

@Armelline2.0 said:
    Banned too. My money is on someone having pieced together SSS's login details from the GS hack and other hacks and having some destructive fun on the forums.

Makes sense that that would be the case. How awful.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Nice to see the mods ignore the forum rule: Don't create multiple accounts :D

@Two.E said:
    Nice to see the mods ignore the forum rule: Don't create multiple accounts :D

Yep! The irony of that wasn't lost on me when I created the second account.

Hi, @jonmulcahy. I had originally posted a list of moderators who were not affected and you were on that list. But then I heard about non-mods who had also been banned so I stopped making two lists.

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 255

hmm not sure what happened there

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

@adent42 @ForumNinja Can someone make me a senior sous chef again? I imagine you're dealing with bigger things right now so no rush!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2019

Censorship! They don't want the new subscribers finding out how long the BS has gone on and how long the lists of defectors, the list of bugs and the list of complaints have all become. ?

Watch this space to see if I get banned just for saying the above, after joining GS seven years ago and paying subscription for the last six years.

• Armelline2.0Armelline2.0 Member Posts: 2

@PhilipCC - I really don't think this has anything to do with censorship. The people banned aren't exactly vocal critics of GameSalad.

• Hypnorabbit2.0Hypnorabbit2.0 Member Posts: 3

I was banned as well - what on earth is going on?

Lost all my posts (of which there weren't many but still). Can someone confirm what the heck is going on?

edited July 2019

And do us a favour @adent42 and audit who has superuser privileges on the forum. Obviously SSS shouldn't have had it after so long. I mean we're paying USD 29 a month, and Gamesalad is no spring chicken. You'd expect some form of reasonable security at this point.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@PhilipCC said:
    Censorship! They don't want the new subscribers finding out how long the BS has gone on and how long the lists of defectors, the list of bugs and the list of complaints have all become. ?

Watch this space to see if I get banned just for saying the above, after joining GS seven years ago and paying subscription for the last six years.

seems like a good time for you to move to another platform if you aren't happy with gs?

if you're unhappy with gs, why waste your time here. plenty still like gs, and I think its a good easy way for people new to app creation to learn about coding logic. it's also an easy way to make things that are compatible across iOS and android platforms.

• loganjan22loganjan22 Member Posts: 7

My posts seem to have been deleted too.

I understand that GS is finding money in the education business and I understand the amount of staff, but I think maybe a price reduction would be nice. This security problem may just cause even more people to leave and cause less people to stay with the community.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

I've been spending this morning looking through the change logs and undoing the malicious changes. At this point I believe I've got them all, so if I missed your account please PM me.

It looks like the source was SaladStraightShooter's account and all power has been stripped from it. I apologize for any problems this may have caused you guys.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332
    edited July 2019

I'm back baby!

Thanks @ForumNinja for straightening it all out!

I sent you a message @ForumNinja regarding my account.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Back in business - thanks @ForumNinja. Please strip unnecessary accounts of unnecessary privileges! Love Gamesalad and always will.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Yay, I'm restored! Thank you, @ForumNinja!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited July 2019

Does this mean a hacker is still has access to our accounts, even after changing out passwords, or just that one mod.'s account could ban people? Please stop these happenings GS.