Weird background interpolate problem

famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

I have setup my main menu like =

when I click on play button a loading background interpolates from the right side and covers the whole scene.

Play button is using behavior, if touch is inside, loading is true.

On the background, if loading is true, interpolate to the center of the stage.

Problem is if I keep this background outside the stage, nothing happens when I click the play button.

But if I keep even an edge of it inside the stage, the interpolate works.

What is going wrong?

Why It cannot call something out of the stage?

Check video here

Comments

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834
    edited May 2019

For now, I have made the bg invisible and when loading is true it becomes visible, but how will I fix this in web creator which doesn't allow to see the side of the stage like the pc creator? I have no way to check whether interpolate is working or not?

edit: I have copied the position when overlapping the stage from the pc creator and it is working now in web creator, but if I was working only in web creator, it will be impossible to debug this issue.

Can anyone suggest why it is not working when off stage?

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

i’m guessing you have that actor off to the left or top past the max size of your scene.

you can call on something outside the camera, but if it’s too far off your scene it will get treated like it isn’t there.

if this is the case, you can either extend your scene out or make sure the actor is very slightly overlapping onto the scene (if doing that then maybe change the alpha to 0, and interpolate alpha to 1 when it starts moving to position).

@bob loblaw said:
    i’m guessing you have that actor off to the left or top past the max size of your scene.

you can call on something outside the camera, but if it’s too far off your scene it will get treated like it isn’t there.

if this is the case, you can either extend your scene out or make sure the actor is very slightly overlapping onto the scene (if doing that then maybe change the alpha to 0, and interpolate alpha to 1 when it starts moving to position).

I did exactly that but that will be impossible to do in web creator as we cannot see the sides of the stage there, so have no idea where I have placed the overlapping image on stage.

try putting the actor anywhere on screen, and put in a start up behaviour in it that says change self position x to scene size width + (self size width/2)-1

fingers crossed that helps

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Did you increase the size of your scene?

I believe this was the problem I was having to> @bob loblaw said:

try putting the actor anywhere on screen, and put in a start up behaviour in it that says change self position x to scene size width + (self size width/2)-1

fingers crossed that helps

I need to mention this in the book, for a newcomer it will be impossible to understand this problem.

I believe this is the reason why my 2 background moving wrap was not working before because it was way outside the stage. The reason I had to change to non-moving background for the game.

@Two.E said:

If I change the size won't it cause issues when publishing? I am using the default iPad size for now?

@famekrafts said:

@Two.E said:

If I change the size won't it cause issues when publishing? I am using the default iPad size for now?

depends if you are doing universal build, and then if using overscan or stretch modes to display.

if overscan, you will crop your screen, but you will be able to do a wider scene easy.

if using stretch, so as to not distort actor displays, you’ll need to have a scene that suits the minimum width of the largest/widest device you are targeting (eg. scene size of 768 x i think it’s aroung 1500ish for samsung 9). you’d then need to readjust your camera width to suit that width. takes a bit more time, but i find the display works better than overscan.

edited May 2019

I am creating for iPad. Then once done I will see how it fits android devices.

For now, this problem is solved using the visible attribute, even when opening a new screen, the loading scene is visible and then moves away automatically. Will show the video once done.