wow. 4 years and the featured games still haven't changed. has no one really made anything good?!

wow

Comments

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

People are leaving GS because it is not getting upgraded anymore.

But I have come back and chose GS over Unity, because of its simplicity and visual scripting. It is a very powerful tool in the right hands.

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

I created Evasion : Legacy with GameSalad.
    It's a simple avoidance game - just drag your icon around to dodge enemies and barrier; remember their movements to live longer each time (every level has its own sequence of movement patterns). If you last long enough and have 2 or more hearts left, you get a random bonus round mini-game that can boost your level score.
    You can also access the mini-games by entering the 'Arcade' from the main menu, and post your scores for them (on iOS).
    It's free and has no ads.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evasion/id534418653

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
  • JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited May 2019

I'm really proud of my last game in GS, "Courier Chaos" - not that it's made any money, but c'est la vie, that's not down to GS! - down to Chartboost - Lots of people viewing rewarded videos in it, but CB still says I'm only owed 50 cents after 18 months (Correction - just checked it again, it's now at 52 cents after 2 more months...)

Anyway, my game if you wish to see it, I consider it a good showcase for the power of GS, at least on iOS, it's quirky and humorous, and it's free!... :wink:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/courier-chaos/id1191111621?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.japsterscavern.parcelmonkey

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@Japster said:
    I'm really proud of my last game in GS, "Courier Chaos" - not that it's made any money, but c'est la vie, that's not down to GS! - down to Chartboost - Lots of people viewing rewarded videos in it, but CB still says I'm only owed 50 cents after 18 months (Correction - just checked it again, it's now at 52 cents after 2 more months...)

Anyway, my game if you wish to see it, I consider it a good showcase for the power of GS, at least on iOS, it's quirky and humorous, and it's free!... :wink:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/courier-chaos/id1191111621?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.japsterscavern.parcelmonkey

i played it a bit just now so hopefully you get some more ad revenue come through.

I believe the ad revenue comes with how much popular your game is, how many downloads it has got and how have you integrated it inside your game?

How many times it has been downloaded?

edited May 2019

don’t think that’s right.

it’ll depend on the geographical location where the ads are shown (i think relative to where the ad is targeted), how much the sponsor of a matched/shown ad is willing to pay, if the ad has been clicked, and sometimes if the ad has been viewed all the way through (i think). usa/canada seems to pay more per impression than madagascar, obviously because of the relative market value of the audience.

banner ads are worth bugger all (about 1-2c per 1000 impressions) unless they are clicked.

with admob, and i’m guessing chartboost works in a similar way, i’ve has interstitial ads that weren’t clicked that paid around 30c (one that was 80c). the banners around 8c for clicks. just don’t click on your own ads, or get people to sit there for a while just clicking ads over and over, as you could get your account suspended for “invalid clicks”.

and yes, i clicked a couple of ads and watched a couple of the reward ones on your game. so hopefully it shows up as cash money soon.

I have not used ads yet, so I am not sure how the whole thing works but I will need to try these out soon for the game.

@famekrafts said:
    I have not used ads yet, so I am not sure how the whole thing works but I will need to try these out soon for the game.

oops. i meant on @Japster ‘s game

@bob loblaw said:

@famekrafts said:

I know. I am going to eat your head by asking questions when I plunge in the ads side of the game :) Lol

all good

@bob loblaw said:

@famekrafts said:

Ahh... Thanks @bob loblaw - yeah, it's all a bit fishy for me...

Many thanks for testing it out and giving me a reference to see if anything is counted, within the next couple of weeks!

...I made a point of testing with test ads etc, so I shouldn't have had problems, and I do actually see some tiny amounts of activity, but I'm only using reward videos, so I'd guess that even a few of my players watching one (and a few have confirmed that they've watched a few at least!) should be quantifiable in terms of noticing a change, if only by a few cents... ...This is what seems so suspect to me mate...

PS - Apologies for derailing the thread a bit!...

edited May 2019

@famekrafts said:
    I believe the ad revenue comes with how much popular your game is, how many downloads it has got and how have you integrated it inside your game?

How many times it has been downloaded?

Hi @famekrafts - not many times on iOS admittedly.... about 70 in total (and even less on Android)... but should still have provided some higher revenue given it was (maybe still is) regularly played, and I only give a few goes worth of credits to start with, plus, 1 video gives enough credits for 3 or 5 goes I think, and it's the only (and nice) way of giving more credits...

So yeah, I'm shocked and disappointed...

PS - @bob loblaw - could you possibly confirm for me that you did indeed receive your 'Courier Credits' for watching videos please mate? - maybe that's the issue, as for a period, the ads integration in GS didn't work fully (out of date API's), and returned wrong values (although I was pretty sure it had been fixed as of my last build/release...) I didn't ever want to check on my own installation for the reasons you mentioned! :wink:

Thanks all!

@Japster said:

PS - @bob loblaw - could you possibly confirm for me that you did indeed receive your 'Courier Credits' for watching videos please mate? - maybe that's the issue, as for a period, the ads integration in GS didn't work fully (out of date API's), and returned wrong values (although I was pretty sure it had been fixed as of my last build/release...) I didn't ever want to check on my own installation for the reasons you mentioned! :wink:

Thanks all!

yep. when i hit the button an ad came up both times, and then had extra credits to play. just tried it again now and it works.

edited June 2019

@bob loblaw said:

@Japster said:

Thanks all!

yep. when i hit the button an ad came up both times, and then had extra credits to play. just tried it again now and it works.

Just nipped back on, and saw this! - Many thanks @bob loblaw mate... much appreciated!

Ha! - I now have 53 cents owed by CB.... 1 cent in 5 days, with guaranteed clicks/plays by yourself included amongst other players... not great...

I've tried to reach out to them too - no personal/people-based support IIRC...

I've also just checked Google's Admob - Says I've had 1,400+ impressions (I'd imagine that's completed videos)... CTR is tiny of course, as people don't tend to actually click the damn things (0.35%).. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was money per completed video session, and NOT if they actually click the ad.

So apparently I've earned a grand total of 24 (?!) cents on Google too. (for probably 5,000+ videos watched by my users, given I'm owed 50 (utter joke) cents for the iOS version too...

How is this even a workable ads-revenue model guys? - Even scaled up, say 500,000 videos watched, would be just $24?! - just WTH am I doing wrong?!

I think I give up - so peed off right now...

My apologies, if the mods want to move these posts to a different thread, then please, feel free guys...

@Japster said:

@bob loblaw said:

@Japster said:

Thanks all!

Just nipped back on, and saw this! - Many thanks @bob loblaw mate... much appreciated!

Ha! - I now have 53 cents owed by CB.... 1 cent in 5 days, with guaranteed clicks/plays by yourself included amongst other players... not great...

I've tried to reach out to them too - no personal/people-based support IIRC...

I've also just checked Google's Admob - Says I've had 1,400+ impressions (I'd imagine that's completed videos)... CTR is tiny of course, as people don't tend to actually click the damn things (0.35%).. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was money per completed video session, and NOT if they actually click the ad.

So apparently I've earned a grand total of 24 (?!) cents on Google too. (for probably 5,000+ videos watched by my users, given I'm owed 50 (utter joke) cents for the iOS version too...

How is this even a workable ads-revenue model guys? - Even scaled up, say 500,000 videos watched, would be just $24?! - just WTH am I doing wrong?!

I think I give up - so peed off right now...

My apologies, if the mods want to move these posts to a different thread, then please, feel free guys...

yeah it seems a little painful at times. i do think it depends on the ad that’s matched to the user (ie. what that ad’s sponsor is paying), and their location. then i think if they watch the whole thing and click has an effect. i’ve had one ad that paid 80 cents or so with no click, and another that was clicked for 8 cents. bit of a lottery.