Using small size camera for ipad landscape?

famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

I am using iPad Landscape as the device size whose settings give the camera size accordingly.

My map will be 1024 x 768.

Is it possible to make the camera smaller, focusing on my character say 240 x 120 size and moving with the character, without disrupting the publish settings for iPad landscape?

Think of it as age of empires kind map where the remaining screen is under fog and only when the character moves the fog disperses and land becomes visible.

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

yes. you can resize the camera to suit any device, and custom size. you will probably need to do some math to figure out aspect ratios of screen sizes so your images don’t distort (if doing universal builds in stretch mode). i put a basic demo somewhere here a couple of months ago that resizes for most device sizes (about 16, but not for pixel 3 yet).

there is also a pinch zoom/swipe template for sale in the store by someone called denim sharks that may also help you with the type of app you’ve mentioned. it needs a couple of tweaks, but otherwise is very good.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

Thanks, I will give it a try.

I think you didn't get my point. I am not bothered about devices right now, my concern is if I am publishing it for iPad with scene size and map size of1024 x 768.

But I want to make the camera small and focus on my character. This way the whole map is not revealed to the player and revealed only when the character moves. The camera will stay fix at small size throughout the game. Main menu and other inventory scenes, the camera will be 1024 x 768 size as default.

Will, that cause any publishing problem, because of the iPad size? I mean it is not necessary that when publishing for iPad, we have to keep a fixed camera size?

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

you can change the camera size. it shouldn’t cause publishing problems if you use stretch, but i’d still make sure whatever camera size you use/change to maintains the aspect ratio of the target device.

Yup that I will keep in mind because there needs to be safe zone otherwise publishing to Android phones will be a nightmare.

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Try search for "universal build" that might help you

@NKBDL said:
    Try search for "universal build" that might help you

I will. Thank You.