Happy New Year... and ciao, ciao!

PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Time to move on.

A grey-haired sage recently told me, "If you don't love what you are doing, don't do it!"

So, I decided to cancel my GS subscription. As I was about to do so a pop-up suggested that I just suspend it it for 1 month or 3 months. I thought what the hell, I’ll suspend it for 3 months, to see if there is progress.

Here’s the funny part: after I did that my account settings said that my subscription would be renewed in July, actually in 6 months time? Oh, well that suited me.

When I checked my account today to make sure my card wasn’t debited yesterday, I was told that I have 5 days left on my free trial!

See, there are even bugs in the Account Settings. I’d put in a Bug Report but it is too late.

Seriously, thank you to those who provided tips, tricks, tutorials and free and paid templates over these past six years. You guys are the reason I persisted for so long. I can’t name you all but I will stay in touch with those on GSR.

@adent42 You are a real trooper man! You keep slugging away doing your best. I wish “the power that is” would hire you some extra help before you are worn out!

Ciao!

Philip Charles Caballero

(BTW: the grey-haired sage is me… I sometimes listen to myself.)

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Take good care! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Sorry to see you go. You were always a happy face around here. I hope you stop by once in a while - we're gonna miss you! Best of luck, sir!

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@PhilipCC Wishing you well in the transition into other tools - I'm assuming you'll still be developing! I, myself, only use GS for prototyping. I have picked up Unity very quickly. It's a good place to land after learning the GameSalad way of doing things. Thanks for the many (+1,300) contributions and interactions over the years. I only know you through this forum but I have high respect for you in the way you speak with and teach others. All the best!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2019

@tatiang and @Braydon_SFX You are two of the great GS Gurus around here, as well as Dave "The GS Guru", of course.

But then there is also, inno particular order, Armelline, Jamie Cross, TwoE, Thunderchild, Adrenaline, Hopscotch, Lump, pHghost, Rossmanbrosgames, Socks, Timo, Toque, DavidZobrist, Manto...

... and there are many others, so please don't feel bad if I didn't include you.

All of you taught me and helped me with your posts of tips and tricks, and patient explanations you gave to others.

All I ever contributed was directions to newbies about where to find info about the answers to their questions... and a whole lot of smart arse remarks about anything.

My first GS game, really only a toddlers animal name association game, has had almost 10k downloads. It was based on one of Braydon’s early templates.

Nearly all the images were shots of creatures from my, and my wife’s, archives.

I haven’t republished it to comply with Apple’s current guidelines, so it will be taken down sometime, around mid January 2019.

I will post the link to the AppStore if anyone really wants to see it?

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

All the best mate - I only occasionally nip on here now too, to see how things are, and give advice if I can, but take care, and I wish you the best in what you do mate - I've always loved your banter and input way back when... :smiley:

Take care fella!

I'd love to see the game! 10000 downloads is still 10000 people you reached with your game; impressive!!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

@PhilipCC hope to see you back as we continue to improve the product.

FYI, the delay thing is bugged (which I will now need to go look into), but the Trial thing is not.

Whatever unused trial days you had still count. Since you've been here since before the Trial system, your trial days are basically unused!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@PhilipCC good luck with with comes next! Stop back and say hi sometimes when you think of Gamesalad in the future. :)

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I'm sure the forums will notice an absence of your contributions.
    All the best with your future endeavours.

Best,
    Two.E

edited January 2019

@Braydon_SFX said:
    I'd love to see the game! 10000 downloads is still 10000 people you reached with your game; impressive!!

My first App was built upon your "ABC Flash Card Game" which was part of the "GS Helper 2011 Template Pack".

I just realised now, after trawling through my old folders and files, that I actually started using GameSalad at the beginning of 2012 when there was a free version without publishing. So, I've been using GameSalad for 7 years now!

Back then you were not counted as a member until you took up a Pro Subscription, which I did when I prepared my first app for submission in April 2012.

That was "See It Say It". I used and image of my sister as a toddler for the icon because she was so cute.

When I asked her if that was okay she replied that she didn't want her baby pictures on the Internet, so I had to change it! Instead I used a picture of myself as a 3 year old.

/Users/PCC/GameSalad Projects/See It Say It/SISI Release History Keepsake/See It Say It v1.0 - In Appstore!/SISI V1.0 vs !.0.1 Waiting .png

Gees, I've forgotten how to attach and image in a post here? :/ ( Help @Braydon_SFX !)

I just checked and it is still in the iOS App Store even though Apple warned me my current three apps would be removed if I didn't update them by Jan 16th 2019, so... going, going... .... :D

Get it while it's hot: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/see-it-say-it-1/id519529705?ls=1&mt=8

@kirafu You were also a source of inspiration around here. In spite of all the challenges and difficulties you faced you persisted and eventually were rewarded with success. I hope things are still looking up for you and your family. :)

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Hi @PhilipCC we will miss you, good luck in what follows! :)

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Good luck @PhilipCC in whatever comes next! Drop by sometimes please! :)
    (I keep seeing these pros leave and I just don't know them as well as I should. Shame on me.)

edited January 2019

@PhilipCC said:

Gees, I've forgotten how to attach and image in a post here? :/ ( Help @Braydon_SFX !)

You should have an option to attach a picture through the image icon above the textarea. See the pic below.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited January 2019

I miss the old days with our sarcastic banter!!!! Good times. Best of luck.

@Toque said:
    I miss the old days with our sarcastic banter!!!! Good times. Best of luck.

I miss the older days when I had nothing to be sarcastic about. :D

We can still carry on at GSR? ;)

@Braydon_SFX Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work, it just pasted in the local link to the image on my Mac... so, I think that posting images is broken too. :pensive:

I'll try again. Here: /Users/PCC/Desktop/SISI V1.0 vs 1.0.1.png

I don't even get the "Choose files" button, just the Image URL box?

Anyway, it's not important that I post those icons, so let it slide. Thank you.

Thinking about it now, it may be a PRO option, @PhilipCC ..