Happy New Year! Welcome to 2019! State of the Salad Q1

2»

Comments

• hubhijabhubhijab Member Posts: 2

@hirobagames said:
    Also publishing portal is not working we are gettingnl no internets error

Same here T.T anybody got solution? I need the work done by tomorrow :'(

• kat.kohlman26kat.kohlman26 Member Posts: 1

Just bought a sub, it's not upgrading game salad and it's been an hour. My first guess would be that all systems are currently down. What a time to subscribe. :(

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

Publishing issues should have been addressed, more detail in the thread @tatiang spawned about the issue: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/97231/news-story-gamesalad-accounts-hacked-and-sold-online#latest

Basically we're in the process of patching our systems to prevent / mitigate future breaches and we missed some updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2019

Gamesalad updates happening at the speed of light. Starting with the major State of the Salad Q1 updates in January, and ending with our email and password hashes being hacked.

• digitalzerodigitalzero Member, BASIC Posts: 639

@adent42 FORGET THE AD STUFF AND FIX THE BLENDING MODE AND LOSS OF PARTICLE IMAGES!!!! The updates towards the actual program have become less and less and this is ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING towards a consumer! I been rocking with you all for a long time, come on now!! I can’t even use the scroll on the scenic view without it crashing but this is something I got “used” to! Seriously!?.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Ouch!

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

The recent responses has been slowed again.. I wonder what is going on?

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Thanks @adent42 and keep us updated! Looking forward to an IronSource build soon :smile:

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

@adent42 could you give us an estimated arrival for IronSource o:) thanks

edited April 2019

jan 23rd:

@adent42 you were quote:"thinking start pushing IronSource builds"

@blob said:
    @gizzi93 said:
    @adent42 Will IronSource be available soon? I know many here are anxiously waiting for it :wink:

@adent42 ...no answer?...
    It's been more than 2 months since your last update about IronSource.
    Please let us know

Thanks

20 days later still no answer, @adent42 you just got online right after my above message, you answered a couple of queries but not this one?

I don't mean to put you on blast but some of us are waiting for the integration to release projects thanks .... It's a bit of a Streisand effect, the more you don't answer the bigger it gets, which I'm sure is the opposite of your intention.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

I'm hoping to have something soon. The initial integration is done, but trying to work the publishing system is tricky. We need to make it so that we can remove unused integrations to allow users to keep their executable size down. I'm hoping to have more this weekend.

I see,,, glad to know IronSource integration is still on... thank you for the update :)

Yah, I've been sidetracked by a few things and now that i've been able to work on it at length this week (instead of just here and there), the big issue is testing the combinations.

I just finished a first pass at publishing code today, so now it's testing different combinations.

After android gets out, then it's on to IronSrc on iOS (which will be a whole new kettle of fish).

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

No rush @adent42 and thanks for keeping it all together. Look forward to an update when we least expect it :# .

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67

@Hypnorabbit said:
    No rush @adent42 and thanks for keeping it all together. Look forward to an update when we least expect it :# .

Rush @adent42 and thanks for keeping it all together. Look forward to an update when we least expect it :# .

Fixed it :D

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

@adent42 can you give the community an update/road map on the status of gamesalad?
    I am looking to either renew my subscription or move onto another cheaper engine. I want to avoid learning something new if possible and stick with GS.

There seems to be 2 versions at the moment, the old style one and V2.0 for education. I am assuming V2.0 will get the updates and current version will be killed off at some point. Is V2.0 available to the community or just education sector?

I think the community would appreciate a statement on whats happening for 2019.

edited April 2019

@Chris Fitsimons we're still working out some bugs and performance issues in the Creator 2, which is why it's not something we actively promote to our developers.

It's got enough features and is stable for education, but we're wanting to do some performance improvements before inviting everyone to use it as their main tool.

That being said, we love using it when we do internal stuff, so it's almost there, so we're not exactly hiding it either.

If you want to try it out, head to https://creator.gamesalad.com

As for a bigger roadmap update, that's a bit overdue, but I'll try to have something out soon.

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Hi all and nice to hear from you @adent42

I inbox @ForumNinja a while back but he isn't responsive lately already. But after talking to him about the updates on https://creator.gamesalad.com/ I tried to use it. It is still buggy and not user-friendly say on the filters, copy of scenes/ actors, and copy of functions within the actor. etc., but it is overall a great use especially I can now access it anywhere I go.

So yeah for the moment @Chris Fitsimons I think for my team, we will stick to it because the online version is imo slightly better than the desktop/ mac versions, and I expect that, and wish that @adent42 you guys can zero in updating one version, making it easier for people to follow and not having to divert your energy and resources. Just saying my views.

I do also wish to provide comments, but where do I put them? I wish to contribute if you let me, and I am sure many of us here also wanted to do that too. We are still big fan of GS given a good reason - that it continues to develop and improve.

edited April 2019

Oh, as an FYI, I'm still busy with a few things, so I'll need a bit more time to get you the Q2 update. As for IronSource, it's almost there. It feels like the code works fine on the phones. I'm currently working out the publishing process to ensure the correct files are removed during the publishing process and hope to have it up on RC real soon™