Game Development Project Management

Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Hey all,

One of my coworkers showed me this project management tool called HackNPlan that seems to be getting more and more traction these days. HackNPlan is free (with a premium option if you decide to go that route) and seems to be Kanban-based so you can create your boards and stories and link them to specific developers if you're working in a team. Looks like you can point your stories too which is handy. As someone who used to develop games with just an end product in mind, it helps a lot to have a tool like this to write down tasks that need to be done, and track tasks that you're currently working on. The premium version isn't expensive at all and unlocks things like integration with Google, Slack, Github, etc, along with charts, role-based permissions and a few others things as well.

Check it out.

I haven't used HackNPlan yet, but it looks pretty in-depth and I wanted to share.
Has anyone used it?

Comments

• robertjacksonrobertjackson Member Posts: 5

Hi!
    I haven't used this Project Management tool, but it looks great. I have been using Trello though it's not designed for game developers. Maybe I will switch to it in the future.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@robertjackson said:
    Hi!
    I haven't used this Project Management tool, but it looks great. I have been using Trello though it's not designed for game developers. Maybe I will switch to it in the future.

I've used Trello in the past, and it works great for what it does. The only reason this one caught my eye is because it is designed specifically for game developers.