How to increase enemy fire rate and bullet speed at the same time ? thank you

doufaya66doufaya66 Member, PRO Posts: 7

Hello

Sorry if my question is not clear , I have an enemy in my game that shoot bullets at the player set up this way , enemy actor have a spawn behaviour wrap in a timer for every second (fire rate) and bullet actor have a move behaviour at x speed (bullet speed).When my main player actor hit an x score I want to increase bullet speed and fire rate at the same time by using a change attribute. However when I do that the gap between the bullets increase as well. Is there a way to increase fire rate and bullet speed at the same time without increasing the gap between the bullets ?

thank you !

Comments

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

Well, I don't know exactly what your setup is, but if I were you, I'd have global game attributes for both the bullet speed and the fire rate. In your timer for firing the bullet, have it fire every "game.firerate" seconds. For your actual bullet, have it move at a speed of "game.bulletspeed". Increase both of these and there shouldn't be a gap. However, it's hard to tell since I don't know what your exact setup is.

• doufaya66doufaya66 Member, PRO Posts: 7

I will try that ! Thank you so much