The amount of email asking for money is embarassing

A couple of weeks ago I published my first game ever, T.A.I.B.E.
Since then it's going relatively well on the charts, not the same on the sales but I don't really mind since I distributed quite few promo codes.
Anyways, in the last week I received an embarrassing number of emails of people asking quite some money to promote the game on their magazine, blog, youtube channels, or even guaranteeing to be awarded in some important challenges.

The amount of money that they ask is also quite high, 3 zero digits at least....is that normal?
I mean, already the fact that they guarantee an award in important challenges brings me not to submit my game to any of them, everything is pre-organised.

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Metallo said:
    Since then it's going relatively well on the charts, not the same on the sales but I don't really mind since I distributed quite few promo codes.
    Anyways, in the last week I received an embarrassing number of emails of people asking quite some money to promote the game on their magazine, blog, youtube channels, or even guaranteeing to be awarded in some important challenges.

The amount of money that they ask is also quite high, 3 zero digits at least....is that normal?
    I mean, already the fact that they guarantee an award in important challenges brings me not to submit my game to any of them, everything is pre-organised.

It is very normal to get many offers after releasing a game from people wanting to "help" promote your game. I personally find most of those companies/people are generally not worth investing in, most just want your money.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• MetalloMetallo Member, PRO Posts: 86

@AlchimiaStudios said:

@Metallo said:

It is very normal to get many offers after releasing a game from people wanting to "help" promote your game. I personally find most of those companies/people are generally not worth investing in, most just want your money.

This is exactly what I think...I mean, I'm new to the game business world but have about 20 years of experience in the consultancy business, and there is no need of any hi IQ to understand that asking to invest such a huge amount, mainly for a small indie team, has to guarantee a ROI in a very short time and, unless you are promoted on big name magazines of very well known influencers, that is not going to happen.

I asked here because I was just impressed, in less than a week about 60 emails, I mean, I got more emails than downloads, that means they neither checked my game :D

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm sure it's an automated process. Nothing against your game but I have a feeling all of the offers to take your money from you are based on the success of the game rather than the content of the game. You're wise to be suspicious.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@tatiang said:
    I'm sure it's an automated process. Nothing against your game but I have a feeling all of the offers to take your money from you are based on the success of the game rather than the content of the game. You're wise to be suspicious.

i’ve had a fair few offering their services to me from my android game version, and my app has had stuff all downloads on google play. don’t think success plays a part. they’re just e-vultures trying to cash in wherever they can.