Android music volume bug?

nschildressnschildress Member, PRO Posts: 3

Almost done with first app, but one of the last issues I can't figure out is... when my app is minimized, then pulled back up, the music volume goes to full (I'm using game.audio.music volume to change the volume of m4a file). I've tried constrains and loops on the music volume (not in rules, just always running), but neither take effect until the volume slider is changed/touched. Volume control works fine in-game. Is this a bug? Is there a work around?

Best Answer

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Posts: 523
    Accepted Answer

hi @nschildress this is a GS bug, this has been reported to me by many users of my game on Android and I just checked it myself :(
    @adent42 you can check that? in my case I use mac, but I see that nschildress uses pc
    Thanks

Answers

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 305
    edited October 2018

You could make a TIMER and RULE:

TIMER: every 0 seconds:
    • RULE: when game.audio.music doesn't = X, change game.audio.music to X

• nschildressnschildress Member, PRO Posts: 3

@Simple Gamer Arts Thanks for the suggestion, however, after testing with the timer, it still has the bug.

@CasualEvolution Thanks. I little more info... I also noticed that returning to the minimized app (android) also restarts the music track rather than just continuing.

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 305

My already-published-in-Google-Play game's sound distorts, it doesn't happen in my App Store version or in the gamesalad viewer for both android or iphone... this distorted sound just happens in the published Google Play version. @adent42 already knows but it's a tough bug to fix apparently.

This did not happen since 3 months and and before that... it started happening when the new verison .95 came out.