Anyone else having volume/mute problems on the new iOS?

I got a complaint today that the volume/mute in my game isn't working on the newest iOS. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. Is anyone else having this problem, and do you know of a fix?

Comments

• mshuraih mshuraih Member, PRO Posts: 179

i have the same issue not sure if you were able to fins solution

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

This has nothing to do with new iOS or Gamesalad - unfortunately its one of the most common customer service emails I've had to respond to for years... its always for iPad.

For the older iPad models (the ones with a side switch next to the volume buttons) they need to navigate to Settings on the iPad, then tap on General and scroll down to the “Use Side Switch to” box and select the mute option... (Not lock rotation)

For the newer iPad models they need to swipe down from the top right corner of the home screen to open the control center and check the sound icon isn’t set to mute..
    as shown in this youtube video

Users will always claim sound disappeared after an update or because of new iOS but really its because they've accidentally muted their device, even if some of the core apps like YouTube still have sound... or they're getting sound with headphones.

every so often someone won't realize their iPhone side switch is on mute but fortunately thats quite rare...