Jump wont work

chris.anderson70chris.anderson70 Member, PRO Posts: 1

So im looking for some help. My game is a level based runner and i have a jump button that isnt working
so i set an attribute "jump" as false and on true the character is supposed to change linear velocity Y to 55 for a specific amount of time.
the button simply works when touch is pressed change Att. "jump" to true
then also set to a rule when jump is true, timer after x seconds change Jump back to false

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited October 2018

the button simply works when touch is pressed change Att. "jump" to true
    then also set to a rule when jump is true, timer after x seconds change Jump back to false

I'm not understanding what's not working. It seems like you described a jump rule that works correctly...?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

on youtube, look up jamie cross. his series of videos are great for getting your head around this stuff. you can then adapt what you learn to suit your needs.

ps. i’m also confused by your question, but - you don’t need to set jump velocity to be active for a set amount of time. it just needs to be enough to overcome whatever gravity settings you have for the actor or scene.