How can I get scenes from one GS project into another?

helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

Hi,
How can I get scenes from one GS project into another?
Thanks

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

there's not a way to do indivisual scenes iknow of but there's a merge gamesalad projects app floating around somewhere that works pretty well in merging two projects.

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

@bob loblaw said:
    there's not a way to do indivisual scenes iknow of but there's a merge gamesalad projects app floating around somewhere that works pretty well in merging two projects.

Really? That sounds cool.

@Twayne2 said:

@bob loblaw said:
    there's not a way to do individual scenes i know of but there's a merge gamesalad projects app floating around somewhere that works pretty well in merging two projects.

Really? That sounds cool.

yeah it's a very useful tool made by deep blue apps. it was available for free a few years back but i think they pulled the pin (there's a thread somewhere where one of their team explains the crap they got from some people). i think it was only available on mac though. only thing i don't like about it is if you merge two projects, it leaves you with multiple "purchase" tables. which reminds me, a request to the gs team, can you please make one of the future gs updates have the ability to delete purchase tables if possible?

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Is the purchase table thing a problem?

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

hi @helpingtogrow you can open 2 projects in 2 instances of GS and copy rules from one actor from project 1 and paste in other actor of project 2 :)

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

It was an awesome tool but no longer works in the update mac environment. Used it for years and now it no longer is functional. Very Sad. Open a couple of gamesalad games or templates and then you can go back and fourth from screen to screen . It takes a while but it was the only way to make it work.

@Twayne2 said:
    Is the purchase table thing a problem?

it’s a minor thing but if you’ve worked on a few different components you want to merge, each one leaves a purchase table. it’s a bit annoying if you have heaps of global variables, and a big bunch of tables and several of them are inactive purchase tables when you’re scrolling through the expression editor for the right thing.

@hzapps said:
    It was an awesome tool but no longer works in the update mac environment. Used it for years and now it no longer is functional. Very Sad. Open a couple of gamesalad games or templates and then you can go back and fourth from screen to screen . It takes a while but it was the only way to make it work.

i just tested it (project merger). works fine.

wish i'd downloaded the scene merger while it was available.