An icon to appear on every screen

helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

Hi, how do I get an icon eg. an exit button to appear on every screen without
entering the button and code on each screen?
Thanks

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You don't. You can either place it on each scene manually or you can spawn it but that requires a spawner actor placed on each scene. If you plan ahead, you can set up a single scene the way you want it with any "icon" actors you need on every scene and copy that scene and then edit the copy each time. Or you can use a single scene for the entire game and avoid having to create multiple scenes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• JB makin' a gameJB makin' a game Member, BASIC Posts: 39

Just wondering... Is having a single scene for the entire game good practice in general? I guess things could get messy in the editor, but with good management that should be doable. What I mean is: is have a single scene the best way for your code to run if you set it up perfectly or does creating multiple scenes and changing between them have such a small effect on stuff like loading time (only aspect I can think of it should have an effect on, but I'm curious if there's more to this) that it doesn't really matter?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@JB makin' a game I would say that multiple scenes are always going to be more efficient because you don't have any loose ends such as timers or loops that were needed in the beginning of a game but not later on that then just keep running and running.

But a single scene is often a good way to create a game where the levels are virtually the same with small tweaks. A single scene means that there aren't any load times between scenes which is a nice trade-off.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User