Want to save table locally so it can continue where I left off

helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

The change table values work while the game is running. I want to be able to save the table so I can bring it up and resume where I left off when I next play the game.
Is this possible?

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

there is a 'save table' behaviour

• helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

Will this save the table locally so when I run Gamesalad the next day it will load up the changed contents of the table?
    Thanks.

@helpingtogrow said:
    Will this save the table locally so when I run Gamesalad the next day it will load up the changed contents of the table?
    Thanks.

sorry i may have misunderstood your original question.

if you’re using the preview player on your computer, then no, altered table values will only work during that session of gs. each time you restart gs (or hit play i think) it will go back to the default table values.

if you are using an ad hoc build, or previewing through your device via the app, then yes, it will save the table.

if using the preview app though, if you change a value on your tables via gs, you will need to clear the test of your app from your phone/tablet on the gs app before testing for the new values to take effect.

• helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

Thanks
    But i'm not sure what you mean by
    " clear the test of your app from your phone/tablet on the gs app before testing for the new values to take effect."

@helpingtogrow said:
    Thanks
    But i'm not sure what you mean by
    " clear the test of your app from your phone/tablet on the gs app before testing for the new values to take effect."

so if you have the gs viewer app on your device, when you start it up there’s a link at the top titled ‘recent games’. whatever you have tested on that device will be listed on there. you’ll need to get rid of whatever version is on there (‘clear list’)before previewing for changes you’ve made manually to your tables to work, or that’s been my experience anyway.