Project Suddenly Doesn't Work!!!

Everything was fine. Closed Game Salad. Reopened it loaded my project and now nothing at all happens. All the images are there but no code works at all! What is going on, honestly between this and the constant preview crashes I'm beginning to get annoyed!

Comments

• crazymooseappscrazymooseapps Member, PRO Posts: 30

Also says my project size is 0 kb.......... seriously hours and hours spent....

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm sorry to hear that happened. As a precaution: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/557194/#Comment_557194

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Ty, actually tech support was great in helping me fix this!

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited September 2018

Whatever you do, do NOT save a file within a file. Like where you have a folder called super game, that has a GS file called super game, and then there is another folder that is called great game, with its own GS file. Because, if you edit the biggest game folder, super game, I believe it erases the other. Something like no object found. Awful, awful scenario. Trust me.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member Posts: 525

Hi @crazymooseapps bad luck! but these things always happen in all areas that depend on files that are constantly increasing... my best advice for you, is that whenever you make a change, save a new version, my files are "game_v001_lastchange", "game_v002_otherchage" ... etc
    In this way, you can go back at any time and know what change you made in each new version.

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Somwtimes after big changes I zip my folder and upload it to the portfolio. Just to keep it safe.

I have def learned my lesson now have multiple copies!