Hello

jteeljteel Member Posts: 1

Hi, All. This is my first year teaching Game Design. This looks pretty cool. What is your opinion of this?

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

it’s a really good format for beginners to learn logic.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited September 2018

I've been using GameSalad for years and have taught Game Design with it several times with students ages 8-13. It's a great tool that allows students to have nearly immediate tangible results and relies on a strong understanding of programming logic without requiring (as) strict syntax. In ~10 hours, students were able to make playable games from scratch that they were proud of. However, when the educational support for GameSalad was first added, I felt it was lacking. I don't actually know the current state of the educational curriculum for GameSalad but I imagine (and hope) it's much stronger now.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited September 2018

It is great for making 2d games, and I have seen some 2.5d examples as well I think, but those are probably harder to make.

• bethcoopbethcoop Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018

HI! I'm also new here and I just start to learn Game design. Hope I will find a lot of useful information here.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Hi! this is right tool! there are a lot of videos in youtube, you can do some search and choose where to start :)

• robertjacksonrobertjackson Member Posts: 5

Hey! My name is Robert. I have joined this community recently. The reason why I've joined it is that I'm really interested in Game Design, and I want to devote much of my time to it.