Big problem with ads

civocivo Member, PRO Posts: 4
edited September 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hello

I have a big problem with ads in my game.
I have add Admob og chartboost to my game.

I have add a "show banner" on the background og my first scene (menu)
on my menu I have 3 buttons.

and I have add when scene change a "interstitial ad"

I upload my game to gamesalad and setup all thing in web browser (ad unit ID)
I generate and sign my game to ios
upload it to itunesconnect og try the game with TestFlight

my game load and go to my menu (scene 1)
In the bottom, my game show my admob ad!
so my ads work!

BUT now I can not touch any for my buttons!!!
I can only touch the ad! only the ad work!

Now I go to game salad and remove admob and chartboost ad and I generate and sign my game to ios.
Upload it to itunesconnect og test it with testflight

And now my game work fine, but without ads :neutral:

If I try to add startup ad, my game dont startup, I only get a black screen

HELP!!!!

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Sounds like a chartboost issue. Ive noticed that recently Chartboost Ads freeze Gamesalad games if the internet connection is slow or weak. It also freezes the game completely if you PAUSE the campaign which is crazy bad. You used to be able to pause a campaign and the ads would stop, then unpause and the ads carry on but now, if you compile an app with the Chartboost SDK, you have to have a campaign running or it will break your game. It doesn't know how to handle "campaign paused" callback or a "missing campaign". It just freezes your game. Because of which, I've now flipped over to admob for banner ads instead now until Chartboost sorts it out but if I'm honest, I don't even thing GS or Chartboost know of the issue.

In the past Gamesalad used to have a close relationship with chartboost so ill tag @adent42 so he can maybe speak to Chartboost to solve the issue

In your case, try removing the Chartboost but keep Admob in and see what happens.

• civocivo Member, PRO Posts: 4

yes, it is a chartboost issue.

I have remove chartboost, and now it work

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

@civo @gingagaming this problem still persists? The game I am working on depends 100% from Chartboost :(

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@CasualEvolution said:
    @civo @gingagaming this problem still persists? The game I am working on depends 100% from Chartboost :(

Maybe tell chartboost about the issue and ask them to contact GameSalad. Maybe a little nudge from them will help get a fix. It's in Chartboost interest to get a fix as all what's happening is everyone is stopping using chartboost ads and going elsewhere!

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Thanks @gingagaming , I have no problems writing to Chartboost, but I am a single new user to them. I think it would be much better if the contact is established between Gamesalad and Chartboost directly. Especially if the problem can be on the side of GS, which is impossible for us to know.
    Please @adent42 @ForumNinja , can you review this?
    It is superimportant that the monetization system works.
    Thank you,
    Roque