Super Strange and Weirdest Issue Ever

sj.iphonesj.iphone Member Posts: 28
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I’ve tried searching the forums but can’t find anything like this.

I’ve been using GS since January and my game is 98% done. I upgraded GS, Xcode and the iPhone OS to the latest and greatest versions on Monday. I had no problem that same day publishing and loading the app onto my iPhone. Then, I (finally) got the GSViewer to work and the game didn’t crash or slow down. IT was great.

But since then when I publish a new version and put it not iTunes (just like I have done for the past seven months) I get the GS icon and a brief splash page before it crashes. I double check the app in my app list. It has the same name as always (myApp). But when I sync it comes back and my game doesn’t.

I’ve deleted the icon, rebooted the iPhone, republished the app, put it into iTunes, made sure it was the correct name and that it was checked and synced again. The same problem occurs: GS icon and a quarter second Game Salad splashscreen and crash.

I‘ve taken off all third party apps, republished, sent the app in iTunes to the trash, synced and still the same problem.

Is it worth going back to factory settings, re-installing my provisioning profile, downloading the latest iPhone OS, republishing the app, etc. etc. or has some come across this problem before and has a brilliant solution they can share with me.

Comments