Return to Grisly Manor!

Hey everyone!

Just a quick note to let you know that our latest game, Return to Grisly Manor, is now live on the iOS, Android, and Amazon App Stores!

This is a sequel to The Secret of Grisly Manor, which we created using GameSalad 7 (!!!) years ago.

You can still play the original in the GS Arcade:
http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/27653

Return to Grisly Manor was in development for a little over two years - it's nice to finally be able to show it off!
It is our largest game by far, about 3X the size of our previous game, The Lost City.

The app description was lovingly provided by fellow GS veteran QuantumSheep :-)

Hopefully you'll get a chance to check the game out and tell me what you think. :-)

And sincere thanks for all the support over the years, it really means a lot!

Warm regards,
Joe

Comments

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Looks really nice Joe!
    Best of luck with this one! :)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

Wow! I love the graphics and my mum loves your games ... She is a big fan. Going to check this one out for sure ... All the best with it ... :wink:

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited August 2016

Brilliant ! :) My 8 year old son absolutely loved Grisly 1 + The Lost City . . . he'll love this !!
    The graphics look great too !!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Picked this up last night, absolutely fantastic!

• Glass FrogGlass Frog Member, PRO Posts: 136

Looks Brilliant, good luck with it!

My Website: http://bit.ly/2c0ohmM
    My Apps on Google Play: http://bit.ly/2cccMIy
    My Apps on Apple App Store: http://apple.co/2bUSd0i

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Nice! Me and my wife will buy it and play for sure!
    Is it all computer graphics now? No more photoshop?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211

Thanks, guys!

@Socks - I really hope he likes it! My 4-year old and my nieces and nephews have play tested it pretty extensively. They're my litmus test for whether the games are any good. I've given up trying to please millennials :-)

@LumpApps - 100% Photoshop. I'm pretty inept at using any 3D software. Back when I worked on After Dark, my boss at the time demanded that the company buy him a Silicon Graphics machine to use at the office. It cost like $50K, but it was the only computer that could handle 3D rendering at the time. This was back when the mirrored balls floating over the checkerboard would take 3 days to render! Sadly, I've lost most of my 3D skills in the decades since then :-)

I apologize for not really being active on the forums anymore. Though I still check the forums pretty much everyday to see what everyone is working on. Hard habit to break!

Thanks for explaining Joe! I remember those machines. I once met Ben Liebrand in the ninetees who made stuff, like this awesomely outdated video, on SG machines. I loved the shapes and colors of those computers. And sorry for the terrible music :wink:

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@firemaplegames said:
    I've given up trying to please millennials :-)

So true! So true!

@LumpApps - 100% Photoshop. I'm pretty inept at using any 3D software. Back when I worked on After Dark, my boss at the time demanded that the company buy him a Silicon Graphics machine to use at the office. It cost like $50K, but it was the only computer that could handle 3D rendering at the time. This was back when the mirrored balls floating over the checkerboard would take 3 days to render! Sadly, I've lost most of my 3D skills in the decades since then :-)

I've still got my SGI Indigo2 in the closet. $50K was a bargain for what it could do.

Best of luck on the new release.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Awesome, screenshots look great!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Graphics look amazing! Woo... After Dark... one of my early faves growing up in Berkeley. :)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Looks beautyful!
    I played the original on the GS arcade a long time ago. Got really far and then it got stuck at a scene change and i gave up. I'll give this one a try for sure.

Good luck!

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Woohoo! Been following this closely on your FB page, Joe! Bought it this morning and have been LOVING it! Each game you release gets better, and I don't even know how that's possible! Great job and best of luck with this one!

@AlchimiaStudios
    @MentalDonkeyGames
    @Braydon_SFX

Thanks for the kind words, guys! So cool. I hope you like the game!

@RThurman I'm sure that Indigo is still worth $100 :-)

@tatiang I loved living in Berkeley! I lived there in 1995/1996. We lived on Grant Street first and then lived on College Ave once we got jobs. :-)

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Looks amazing, great effort! Hope the sales are going well.

Nice touch arcade review :)

@imjustmike Touch Arcade review? I couldn't find it. You got me all excited! :-)

SORRY - I meant pocket gamer. Still cool

haha. no worries. That pocket gamer review bummed me out. Apparently that reviewer is leaving pocket gamer soon though. Just wish he didn't leave that review on the way out. :-)
    It's all good though.

Oh, I thought it was pretty positive?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Seems like he didn't even try for that review. :D If you can even call it that, its so short it might as well be a tweet.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

I bought the Secret of Grisly Manor the first day when it was still made with GS :)
    It's been the greatest GS's game for years

you're a great inspiration for an indie developer!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

wow, the graphics are stunning! bravo on the impressive series, definitely inspiring to us indie devs!

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Beautiful graphics..quite inspiring ;)

@firemaplegames Are you releasing RTGM on Windows Phone? I didn't know but saw the other games are there as well on my wifes phone... which she is downloading now... to play them again ;) You can buy some beer tonight because I bought RTGM for my Android as well, Haha!

@LumpApps Thanks, man! So cool. I totally appreciate it. I might port GM2 over to Windows phone. I wish it were easier. I have to redesign the interface to fit the Lumia phones, which are tiny. And I've only made a few hundred bucks on that market with all the games combined. Pretty much just broke even buying the Windows laptop I needed to make them. :-)

• creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770

@firemaplegames Joe good luck for sale. 3x the size of lost city sounds excited. I am big fan of ur game and art style. Downloading now

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

You couldn't publish them onto windows using your mac? I'm sure you didn't need to buy a Windows machine for that.

@firemaplegames said:
    @LumpApps Thanks, man! So cool. I totally appreciate it. I might port GM2 over to Windows phone. I wish it were easier. I have to redesign the interface to fit the Lumia phones, which are tiny. And I've only made a few hundred bucks on that market with all the games combined. Pretty much just broke even buying the Windows laptop I needed to make them. :-)